Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Footings on a split Seaford meadows

Page 1 of 1
Hey peeps
Just looking at building a split level house in Seaford meadows just wondering if anyone has built down near Dufferin lane either split or standard.
At the moment getting a little bit scared just because lack of trust on my behalf for sales consultants and big companies trying to get money out of everyone!
So we have a 192 total square metre house incl garage and alfresco and we have been quoted $32500 for the footings and $7500 for the split.
Now other builders have told me that price is too low but the building consultants has told us that they are cheaper than everyone else and other builder have said that too “ that builder you’re using is a cheaper builder” yet they still say the price is too low?
Contradiction at its finest?
And they’ve also said that HomeStart might reject the split because it costs too much! I’ve looked at the property market in the area and our price seems to sit snug in the middle, but still freaks me out because I over think it!! Please help
Ryanjcallaghan
LOL, on a subconscious level, no one trusts New home & Car salesman
and They would do best to cleanup their standardings Trusted Professions Survey 2017
Lucky for me they trust Engineers (nuf said)
You will need to provide more info, design, soil conditions, contour, to check thoroughly
Also
1. Drive around the local area knock on the door of new completed homes and Ask
2. Ask for a construction list of homes being built..Track down the owner
3.Search this forum for completed builder projects, send a PM find out how they treat customers
4. It's easily to check mathematically
Goodluck
thanks Mate for the ideas there is one split level house on the same street but I haven’t been game enough to knock on their door.
Related
10/09/2023
Laundry door placement v split level stairs

Windows & Doors

Move your linen into laundry and access laundry from your present linen space

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum