Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our build experience. Photos, tips etc. 37sq double storey.

Page 1 of 1
I thought it would be good idea to share some photos of our build. There was lot of delay with land title due to few different reasons. So our land finally settled in November 2017.

So it's going to be 4 bed, 2 bath. We have done number of upgrades and modifications ensuring we don't over spend.

Few things that we included. This is not complete list.

We're getting each stage inspected through independent inspection. So hopefully that would help too.
Couple of other things we also got included was:

Driveway
Wall hung vanity
Also have walk in pantry (butlers pantry) in the design
Water point for fridge
Will be using space under stairs as extra storage

We missed on some flooring in alfresco but that's probably not a big issue as we can get it done bit later. Obviously fencing and landscaping is something to be done. Will post more photos again.
Couple of things I learned is:

Looking inwards from main entry double door. Paperbark fascia is seen too.

Roof tiles have arrived..

From rear

Looking from kitchen towards living area, dining and alfresco in the diagnol..
How is it lookin?? Any feedback? We liked Bristile tiles and we opted for Phoenix.

https://bristileroofing.com.au/nsw/product/designer.

Few things we need to do still is some colour selection for kitchen cupboards, island bench stone with waterfall and also flooring.

Which colour is suitable for kitchen, walk in pantry and benchtop stone? We fear white may not be best choice as it gets stained easily..
Waiting for my builder to fix things that were raised by my private inspection company for frame stage. Hopefully won't take too long. There were number of issues raised in the report so need to get it rectified.
Few more tips for anyone looking to start new build:

Happy Friday..!!
Bro,

Seems like you lost interest in posting updates after May 25th. Can i see some more coming through? I am starting my build now.

Shisir.
Related
31/10/2023
Acreage, double storey

Building A New House

We're in NSW, but designs from anywhere ok for inspo!

28/03/2024
Full Brick Double Storey 38Sq House Price Estimated?

Building A New House

Hi Kristy Around $1.7-1.8m or around $4,600/sqm. if you PM me your email I will send you a break up in a spreadsheet so you can get an understanding of the costs for…

10/04/2024
Build experience - Trend Connection Homes

Building A New House

How has your experience been like so far?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum