Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Not giving time to arrange Finanace and price increase

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,
Not sure if anyone faced a similar issue or not. I received signed HIA Contract, Approved Plan, Tender Validation 24th of April and the same day builder chasing for LACC ( Loan confirmation). What a Joke !!!

To apply for a loan I need all that docs for valuation, Once the valuation is done, apply for the construction loan. Received number of calls and threatened 3 months Delay & 3 % price increase.

This is extremely unprofessional behaviour. Bank doesn't run with my order they have their own process and they will follow according to their protocol but builder doesn't want to listen.

Later they pushed me to provide them writing I need to pay them in 2 weeks time if loan declined. Otherwise 3 months delay and 3 % price increase.

I wish no one else find themselves in this situation.
You should have information regarding a finance clause in your HIA contract.

I know ours did that basically said everything subject to bank finance with construction loan approval letter required at least 2 weeks or so prior build commence date. This was also post the 5% deposit to the builder, so if things didn't go through, that was 'our risk' which they'd use for their costs that they'd done for council apps. etc.
titos97
Hi All,
Not sure if anyone faced a similar issue or not. I received signed HIA Contract, Approved Plan, Tender Validation 24th of April and the same day builder chasing for LACC ( Loan confirmation). What a Joke !!!

To apply for a loan I need all that docs for valuation, Once the valuation is done, apply for the construction loan. Received number of calls and threatened 3 months Delay & 3 % price increase.

This is extremely unprofessional behaviour. Bank doesn't run with my order they have their own process and they will follow according to their protocol but builder doesn't want to listen.

Later they pushed me to provide them writing I need to pay them in 2 weeks time if loan declined. Otherwise 3 months delay and 3 % price increase.

I wish no one else find themselves in this situation.

Hi,

We are building in Hillcroft Stage 2 as well. Want to know, if your construction already stareted and what ETA did builder is giving you guys.
kittu42
Hi,

We are building in Hillcroft Stage 2 as well. Want to know, if your construction already stareted and what ETA did builder is giving you guys.

Hi kittu42,

Yes, construction started end of April 2018 almost done close to completion probably another 2-3 week to handover.
Related
18/07/2023
Unusual Delays and Significant Price Increase During Pre-con

Building A New House

Just to makea point about this, an approach that some people have found sucessful in negotiating these rises down, Is to provide some workings to the builder, specifying…

20/08/2023
Builder suspended works, demanding variations, cost increase

Building A New House

Fair Trading can issue orders to rectify and complete but once the matter goes to NCAT these orders are automatically vacated. You will have to terminate contract and sue…

2/09/2023
Builder suspended construction, demanding cost increase

Building A New House

How are you doing Ben? Extremely interested in hearing what you are doing or plan to do!

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum