Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Ben Trager in Eglinton WA

Page 1 of 1
We are really excited to be building after buying our current home established. We have bought a 445m2 corner block in Eglinton 650m from the beach and have signed up with Ben Trager to build a variation of the Barossa display home.

We can't do anything more this financial year so currently counting down the days until we can secure finance.

We've made a few changes to the display home. Rearranged the kitchen layout a little, flipped the top story so balcony looks down the street and (fingers and toes crossed may potentially get a glimpse of the ocean) even if that doesn't end up being the case though I love the look of the balcony out the front and I'll still be to enjoy that sea breeze with a cup of tea so all good!

The top story flip meant we had to rearrange the staircase a little creating a larger void. This design has 3 bedrooms, a bathroom, powder and sitting room upstairs.
Master, his and hers WIR and ensuite with double shower. Living, kitchen, scullery, study and home office downstairs.

We just recently finished prestart and have all the approvals etc in place which is really exciting. Have to wait to hear back in regards to prestart costs which I'm a little nervous about. We're building to showcase spec so a lot was included but have added LED lights, security extra power points, crossover paving and a few extras that we took out before contract and then I freaked out and added back in at prestart like kitchen taps etc. Hopefully, it's not too terrifying.

After years of living with mismatched furniture I'm excited about a fresh start and in the planning stage, we've definitely decided to keep a lot of things matching. Same Essastone throughout. Same glass splashback in the kitchen as laundry. Same tiles in both bathrooms. We have flooring included throughout and due to kids allergies have foregone the carpet and will have timber laminate throughout. Hoping for a kind of Hamptons vibe with greys and whites with hints of blue to come later with styling and art.

Looking forward to following a few other Ben Trager and local builds on here.
Fell in love with this feature tile as soon as I saw it. It has a really subtle blush colour.

Essastone - Chalkstone and Polar White Silk finish cabinets with no handles through bathrooms, kitchen, scullery and, laundry.

There have already been so many houses built since we took this picture the day we bought the block way back in October. I can't believe how fast they go up. Currently, only single level houses in this area. Will be very sad the day that little patch of ocean disappears from view!

The beach at the end of this main street is amazing. A cafe with beach access and playground are due to be built on the dune by the beach and open by the end of next year.
CoxSix
Polar White Silk finish cabinets with no handles

How much did BT charge you for no handles? I imagine its surely not that much.

We are getting the silk finish probably in Polar White as well.
steel
CoxSix
Polar White Silk finish cabinets with no handles

How much did BT charge you for no handles? I imagine its surely not that much.

We are getting the silk finish probably in Polar White as well.

As we are building showcase spec it was included as per display. Not sure of the price difference sorry 😊

I love the look of the all white kitchens 😍
Due to a very sad valuation of the build from the bank at this stage we can’t go ahead. So disappointing to design a house for a year and then have to let go of it emotionally πŸ˜ͺ
Not a great time to be building in a new area with the market being as it is.
Unfortunately, new builds are rated against current sales so its a hard time.

We had a similar issue and we had to get certain things adjusted and some discounts to make it more valuable.
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum