Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Hiring inspector for PCI

Page 1 of 1
Hi. I'm after advise about hiring inspector for PCI. I have to admit that my husband and I have limited to no knowledge about construction. Our agent suggested us to hire inspector to do PCI for us, so we did. I'm still have some questions which we still aren't sure.

1. Do we need to provide our floor plan to the inspector or they will just do the part if everything are in good condition and complied?
2. We want to go in on the same day but before inspector just to see the completed house with building supervisor. We had only one inspection during the lock up stage. However, my agent strongly against this. She said that we shouldn't go and have a look at the house at all until all defect is done and we can go when we have PCI2. She said if anything happens during our inspection, the builder will lay blame on us. Is this correct? We will be walking with the builder supervisor so how is it going to happen like she said. It just like we do PCI ourselves but just scan through. The builder is already said yes to this as well.

Last question, how long does it take for defect approximately in your experience?
My house is rather small size and single level.

Thank you all for your advice.
We have our PCI next week with our site supervisor and our private inspector is coming too! No one seems to have a problem with this...

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Bridgetwitch
We have our PCI next week with our site supervisor and our private inspector is coming too! No one seems to have a problem with this...

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210

We went along with our inspector and it was absolutely fine. Thank you for your advice.
Related
9/02/2024
My Building inspector v My builder's inspector

General Discussion

I would send it to the certifier who is technically your representative and working on your behalf not the builder's

18/08/2023
PCI - How thorough were you?

Building A New House

We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports with photos at every stage,…

7/11/2023
Question regarding PCI and H&C Insurance

Building A New House

i would not be signing anything on the day read your contract about when builder submits final invoice generally, have to meet builder within 7 days of receiving final…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum