Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fairmont Homes - Northridge Estate SA

Page 1 of 10
Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone else here is building with Fairmont Homes at Northridge Estate in Enfield SA? I know that no building has started yet as most are still in the contracts stage of building but thought I'd start a thread so we can share our experiences with each other..
otherwise i'll be more than happy to share my experience as we go
We have already signed for the land and put a deposit down.
We are in the final stages of finalising our design - we brought our own design in (a weeks design) and changed quite a few things around. There has been alot of to-ing and fro-ing with changing things as hubby and I are really pedantic and like to "feel right" about things before we proceed... as this will be the biggest investment for us and our "forever" home we wanted to get things right
So right now we are just waiting to finalise a few changes before our floorplan goes to the architects.
Hope to hear from others who are building with fairmont - especially in Northridge!
Hi Tina,

I was also looking for other owner/investors who are building at Northridge, Enfield. We have signed the land & build contracts , have paid the deposit for the land. So far so good, our consultant has been great and accomodating to our demands/changes as this will be our first build.
Just recieved our engineering report & a variation form. They want to charge us $650 extra for a missing survery peg, as they found only 3 apparently. I might actually go down myself to have a look around for the peg.

Looking forward to share the updates as things progress.
Hi PBN84!
Looking forward to sharing our build experiences and of course be neighbours soon ๐Ÿ˜
We have been told by family who have built before to be careful about the pegs as they will charge if they go missing. Someone said to us the best thing to do is to go and hammer them down deeper after they are put in to ensure that they donโ€™t go missing or get stolen?
Regardless I hope you find it and save yourself the $650!
We had a call from our consultant today and scheduled a meeting for next Thursday. Hopefully we will be able to finalise the build contract soon
tina v
Hi PBN84!
Looking forward to sharing our build experiences and of course be neighbours soon ๐Ÿ˜
We have been told by family who have built before to be careful about the pegs as they will charge if they go missing. Someone said to us the best thing to do is to go and hammer them down deeper after they are put in to ensure that they donโ€™t go missing or get stolen?
Regardless I hope you find it and save yourself the $650!
We had a call from our consultant today and scheduled a meeting for next Thursday. Hopefully we will be able to finalise the build contract soon

Hello Neighbour to be!!:-D

Great advice Tina. I will be taking a hammer with me today to find the missing peg and hammer down all of them to hopefully prevent such issues from happening.
Exciting times ahead.

Although our Land settlement isn't until May, so I am hoping to save a bit more till then and hopefully limit our splurging on upgrades.
So, I visited my lot yesterday evening . Apparently found the missing peg in the neighbouring lot. Have hammered all four pegs to the absolute maximum. Signed and mailed the footing variation form with "striked out" re-survey fee for missing peg:oops:. Heve emailed fairmont in regards to it as well. Just looking forwards for the settlement now already.
PBN84
So, I visited my lot yesterday evening . Apparently found the missing peg in the neighbouring lot. Have hammered all four pegs to the absolute maximum. Signed and mailed the footing variation form with "striked out" re-survey fee for missing peg:oops:. Heve emailed fairmont in regards to it as well. Just looking forwards for the settlement now already.

oh awesome! i was thinking about it this morning and wondering if you had found your peg.. i've got to make sure we do the same thing when our pegs go down! did you have any trouble accessing your land? we always drive past and wonder if its ok for us to go in and have a look! maybe i'll convince hubby to go down this wkend and have a look
The gates were open until Friday evening. Although we went there on Sat, found the main gate locked. Luckily couple of fences were open for us to get through. I'll be checking again after work . Will update you on the gates.
So at it stands, the enterance is closed off although along the devon street, couple of fences have been opened . (Probably by bored teens!!). We went in through the gap and had a good look at our lot. Pegs are still standing strong.
PBN84
So at it stands, the enterance is closed off although along the devon street, couple of fences have been opened . (Probably by bored teens!!). We went in through the gap and had a good look at our lot. Pegs are still standing strong.

Oh good to hear that your pegs are still there! Looks like hammering them in is the way to go. We might go down and have a look this weekend then.
We had our meeting with Fairmont today and finalised everything. Will be going back next week to sign the dotted line and seal our fate to be forever in debt!
That's good to hear. Haha, we all have to take the plunge at some point don't we ๐Ÿ‘.
Just a suggestion to ask you consultant about what type of insulation is included if not already done so. Insulation specification were different in the quote and on the elevation planning sheet. We paid extra to included internal acoustic insulation.
So we went down to look at our land today.. so exciting! We noticed one of our pegs were missing too! ๐Ÿ˜ฉ we found one laying nearby on our land and hammered it in but noticed that all our other ones had white paint and our lot number on it but this one had no markings on it.. do you think it would matter? I donโ€™t want to have to pay $650! Hubby is going to go back later on and have a look around with his brother.
Iโ€™ve emailed our consultant to ask about the insulation.. thanks for the advice!
So hubby and his brother found our missing peg... but it had been snapped in half and they could only find the top bit which when put back in you could barely see it! ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ not sure what to do now but he put the original half broken peg back in and we will have to see what they say when the time comes hopefully we donโ€™t get charged. Pretty angry at the moment that some moron decided it was ok to just break our peg and we could potentially pay $650 for their stupidity! ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก
Glad you guys found the peg. It's kinda upsetting since the land isn't settled yet and that we have limited access to the site and still we have to pay for any inconveniences on the lots.

Thankfully mine wasn't broken, although I found it in the neighbouring lot. I just pegged it back in the approx location. Will see how it goes. What street is your lot on?

On the positive side, our development application should be lodged soon. Hopefully no issues as our build ratio is around 68%.
PBN84
Glad you guys found the peg. It's kinda upsetting since the land isn't settled yet and that we have limited access to the site and still we have to pay for any inconveniences on the lots.

Thankfully mine wasn't broken, although I found it in the neighbouring lot. I just pegged it back in the approx location. Will see how it goes. What street is your lot on?

On the positive side, our development application should be lodged soon. Hopefully no issues as our build ratio is around 68%.

We are on Edmonton drive! What about you?

Oh how exciting! Hopefully there are no issues with the paperwork.. fingers crossed!
tina v
PBN84

Oh how exciting! Hopefully there are no issues with the paperwork.. fingers crossed!

We are on Edmonton drive as well:">
Just had a look today again, no missing peg.

Yeah, fingers crossed!!
Just don't want any more hassles before the actual build.
PBN84
tina v
PBN84

We are on Edmonton drive as well:">
Just had a look today again, no missing peg.

Yeah, fingers crossed!!
Just don't want any more hassles before the actual build.

Oh nice! Which lot are you? We really will be neighbours! ๐Ÿ˜
Is it too much to ask to have no hassles at all with the build too? Haha
We are at Lot 27. What about you?
Haha, with some of the horror stories out there on this forum, it's never too much to ask.
PBN84
We are at Lot 27. What about you?
Haha, with some of the horror stories out there on this forum, it's never too much to ask.

We are lot 32 on the corner so just 5 houses down from you! ๐Ÿ˜
Just IN!!!
Council wants to change the name of the street from "Edmonton" to "Yutika" drive.โ˜น
PBN84
Just IN!!!
Council wants to change the name of the street from "Edmonton" to "Yutika" drive.โ˜น

NOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
we like the name Edmonton... we were saying how it sounds like a posh british estate and so easy to say and spell!
Yutika? Imagine having to spell that over and over to people when giving your address
Related
26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum