Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Stage inspections for new build in Brisbane

Page 1 of 1
Hi
Can anyone recommend a good building inspector for the Brisbane region, to carry out stage inspections.
We are building a double story house soon.
Cheers

One for the northern end of the Gold Coast would be great too!!
symone
One for the northern end of the Gold Coast would be great too!!
Have been recommended allinspect, they probably do GC

I used Allinspect at Frame Stage and Practical Completion Stage. Can thoroughly recommend them.
I've been using Allinspect - have done slab and frame so far. Very good communication, thorough inspections and couldn't do more to be helpful. Highly recommend them too.
Darbecca Qld is who we used and they were excellent.
Allinspect are also very good so either of those will give you great service and stick it up those ****** , ******* builders.
Go hard on everything but be polite.

KingTaco
I've been using Allinspect - have done slab and frame so far. Very good communication, thorough inspections and couldn't do more to be helpful. Highly recommend them too.

I've got them on board to. What came up on your slab / prepour?
Rhetti
KingTaco

I've got them on board to. What came up on your slab / prepour?

Not a lot of things - some roughness on the edges that met the formwork, which I think all is now covered in brick anyway.. The rebate for the rear sliding door track was rough as, but I think it's concealed now, or at least will be treated at some point if it isn't.

The main thing the inspector found was a brick in the edge of the slab - yep in the concrete itself... so for whatever reason, when they poured the concrete they had a brick sitting in the against the formwork. That got cut out and the slab repaired - less than ideal but grateful we hadn't noticed it until the inspector pointed it out.
Related
7/01/2024
What have been your experiences with building inspections?

Building A New House

You have mandatory building inspections and privately engaged building inspections. The difference between the two comes down to inspecting the building so it's safe and…

20/06/2023
Pre-construction stage- Variations taking 6+ weeks to comple

General Discussion

The fastest thing a builder will do is bank your cheque, those systems work perfectly with lightning speed, everything else is slow burn. Just the way it is.

20/12/2023
Theft and Vandalism at lock up stage

General Discussion

sure. its the builders problem.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum