Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fowler Homes Republica or Portofino

Page 1 of 1
Hello!
So I'm a brand newbie at this building game.
We have put a deposit on land in Mulgoa (850m2) and need a house!
I've looked through so many display homes and my mind is boggling.
We are really loving the design & upgrades with Fowler homes.
Has anyone built with them before?
Going in on the weekend to have a consultation with one of the sales ladies and just want to prepare myself a bit.
Hi SamanthaS,
Congratulations on the purchase of your block! We are currently building with Fowler Homes and Im happy to answer any questions for you. We are building the Galleria 22 in Jordan Springs and went with the Platinum Upgrade package, which we found to be great. We only upgraded a few minor things on top of this like mirrored sliding wardrobes in the bedrooms and a matt black tap in the kitchen. Otherwise we were really happy with everything it included, like the tile range etc.
Our build started on 1st November last year and our SS has just informed us he expects the house to be finished early April which we are over the moon about!
I have to say we've had a really great experience with Fowler Homes, the people we've dealt with have been great and quickly respond to any concerns or questions I've had along the way.
I see you're looking at the Republica or Portofino, @Portofino28 might be able to answer any questions you have as they are currently building the Portofino in Marsden Park. We are on another thread which you may like to read through and see photos of our builds, I will tag you in it.
Almost forgot I also have a blog which has more info on our build and selections - https://ourfowlerhome.blogspot.com.au
and if you are on instagram search for building.our.first.home
Hi Samantha! portofino38 can definitely be more useful if you have questions. I'm building the Catalina, with the deluxe package, so you'll have a variety of knowledge/experience between the three of us

Feel free to join us on the thread lara21 has tagged you in!
Lara21
Hi SamanthaS,
Congratulations on the purchase of your block! We are currently building with Fowler Homes and Im happy to answer any questions for you. We are building the Galleria 22 in Jordan Springs and went with the Platinum Upgrade package, which we found to be great. We only upgraded a few minor things on top of this like mirrored sliding wardrobes in the bedrooms and a matt black tap in the kitchen. Otherwise we were really happy with everything it included, like the tile range etc.
Our build started on 1st November last year and our SS has just informed us he expects the house to be finished early April which we are over the moon about!
I have to say we've had a really great experience with Fowler Homes, the people we've dealt with have been great and quickly respond to any concerns or questions I've had along the way.
I see you're looking at the Republica or Portofino, @Portofino28 might be able to answer any questions you have as they are currently building the Portofino in Marsden Park. We are on another thread which you may like to read through and see photos of our builds, I will tag you in it.

Hey Lara, we are in the process of building a house on our 12.5m wide block too. I saw your journey on your blog and on Instagram. It is lovely to see your house come together so quickly and beautifully.

We are currently deciding between the Livingstone 22 with Eden Brae vs galleria 22 with Fowler same as yours.

Quick question after looking at your photos - did you opt for the loft option with your galleria? If yes did you opt for a better powered ducted air conditioning to heat/cool the void and how is doing so far e.g. do you have any issues heating up that large void space ?
sunbox24
Lara21
Hi SamanthaS,

Hey Lara, we are in the process of building a house on our 12.5m wide block too. I saw your journey on your blog and on Instagram. It is lovely to see your house come together so quickly and beautifully.

We are currently deciding between the Livingstone 22 with Eden Brae vs galleria 22 with Fowler same as yours.

Quick question after looking at your photos - did you opt for the loft option with your galleria? If yes did you opt for a better powered ducted air conditioning to heat/cool the void and how is doing so far e.g. do you have any issues heating up that large void space ?

Hi!!

So sorry I missed this. We didn’t get the loft option (wish we could’ve afforded it but no unfortunately) not sure how it would all go with air con. We just got the standard in our place. Our design is pretty much Fowler’s standard Galleria 22 with the upgrade to butlers pantry, change to split level because of our sloping block and the addition of the big sliding doors in the dining room.

Let me know if you have any other questions, tough making that final decision!
Hi Larry, thanks and not a problem your response is still in time we are moving at snail pace
. And yes you are right it is tough making the decision.
We met the guy from Fowler homes since my question and realised adding a loft might also mean adding $60-70k to the overall cost whuch is when it starts touching the 2 storey price ranges. Hence we are deciding against having a loft in our single storey for now unless we can find someone who can do it more reasonably.
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

15/09/2023
Fowler Homes - disappointment?

Building A New House

Anyone built with Fowler Homes? Feedback? Especially any things concerning or negatives? Have heard some horror…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum