Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

House Slab price

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Just wanting to get some advice regarding our Slab. I won't name our builder but in our inclusions we have a slab "to H1" fill included. It is under general inclusions and does not have a preliminary sum amount. We found out our soil is M. We asked our builder if we would get some credit back as our soil came back better then H1, we were told no. Is this right? My opinion is that we are obviously getting charged for a H1 slab in our base price so we should either be getting a H1 slab or credit back?
Not always. This is how builders can make a bit of extra cash. With a fix priced contract prior to soil tests and engineering, they will allow for worst case to cover themselves. Fixed price is fixed price, meaning if they spend less on anything, they keep the additional profits.
No unfortunately you being charged to provide slab. That the risk you take when having a fixed price contract. Read your specifications for the slab does it say up to a H slab?
Related
28/03/2024
Full Brick Double Storey 38Sq House Price Estimated?

Building A New House

Hi Kristy Around $1.7-1.8m or around $4,600/sqm. if you PM me your email I will send you a break up in a spreadsheet so you can get an understanding of the costs for…

14/09/2023
New house land/slab drainage?

General Discussion

Thanks for the heads up mate, greatly appreciated 👍

5/04/2024
Slab for 424 sqm house in North Kellyville NSW

Building A New House

Petercurtis You able to contact the certifier and get a copy of your structural plans, if they are not in your contract. If your home was approved via CDC then they…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum