Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Practical Completion with Valeco Homes in Brisbane

Page 1 of 1
Well we finally reached PC (practical completion) stage just before Christmas. Organised for an independent inspection on the 21st December. Results were not good with plenty of defects found. I emailed the builder a copy of the report on the 8th of January and never got a reply back of any kind. On the 25th of January, I managed to find the owners number so I sent him a text message and to my surprise, I got an instant reply to say he would follow up on the build.

The frustrating part was when I was notified of practical completion, I specifically asked the supervisor to check over the contract, plans, workmanship, and all the variations before we met on site. What I got back was "What's not done"? After constant miscommunication with the supervisor, I was contacted by head office notifying house is complete and only requires a final clean. Well lets just say this was certainly not the case.

Contract end date was the 26th November 2017. It's now 8 weeks past the contract date and taken a lot longer than I expected. Two other local double storey's that I know of which started 2 or 3 months after mine is already complete and now occupied (one of them also built by Valeco homes).

The owner has said all the defects should be fixed by the end of next week.

I hope he's right
Jay m who is your SS? Initials are fine. We are also building with Valeco, so now im thinking we should also get independent inspections done. What company did you use for your independent inspection? and how much was it?

Hopefully all the issues are addressed - very keen to see they are. Thanks for posting
Randall is my supervisor. I think independent inspections are well worth the investment. I'm using Jim's inspections. They are awesome. $440 for 2 visits.
jay m
Well we finally reached PC (practical completion) stage just before Christmas. Organised for an independent inspection on the 21st December. Results were not good with plenty of defects found. I emailed the builder a copy of the report on the 8th of January and never got a reply back of any kind. On the 25th of January, I managed to find the owners number so I sent him a text message and to my surprise, I got an instant reply to say he would follow up on the build.

The frustrating part was when I was notified of practical completion, I specifically asked the supervisor to check over the contract, plans, workmanship, and all the variations before we met on site. What I got back was "What's not done"? After constant miscommunication with the supervisor, I was contacted by head office notifying house is complete and only requires a final clean. Well lets just say this was certainly not the case.

Contract end date was the 26th November 2017. It's now 8 weeks past the contract date and taken a lot longer than I expected. Two other local double storey's that I know of which started 2 or 3 months after mine is already complete and now occupied (one of them also built by Valeco homes).

I hope he's right

Hi Jay M

You dont mind me asking what type of defects they were?
Hi Jay M
Have you defects been fixed or did Valeco just fob you off with empty promises and their usual crap they do with everybody else?
_sallz
jay m

I hope he's right

Hi Jay M

You dont mind me asking what type of defects they were?

There are many. Pm me
sammid
Hi Jay M
Have you defects been fixed or did Valeco just fob you off with empty promises and their usual crap they do with everybody else?

Apologies for the late reply. I decided to move in 3 weeks ago with defects still needing attention. Couldn't wait any longer because it was already 14 weeks past contract date. Been dealing with the owner and he's been good. He's promised to come back to fix all defects past and present
Related
24/11/2023
late completion penalty

Building A New House

Like I said the Occupancy Certificate is not the tollgate that marks the completion of the house. The contract defines…

15/03/2024
Omni built homes brisbane - builders feedback

General Discussion

First time poster long story short we are planning knocking down rebuilding a house in Wavell Heights We are thinking to go with Omni built homes as they are but flexible…

29/06/2023
Renovation/Extension at Auchenflower, Brisbane.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hello Josh, This is Irving from PRIMA, we are a manufacturer of the staircase, railings, kitchen cabinets, windows, doors from China. If you have requirement to purchase…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum