Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Custom Build - need help exterior colours

Page 1 of 1
Hi All

We’re building our ‘forever home’. It’s a ranch style on acreage, will have verandah.

I’m trying to decide on exterior colours. My plan was to match the shed, main colour Colorbond Dune with white trim and Wallaby doors.

I’m starting to go off the Dune as it’s not always throwing a grey colour which is what I really like.

I have gone Wallaby on the gutters (slight regret) with white facia.

Could I do grey on main part of the house, maybe a lighter shade of Wallaby or do you think this would clash with the shed? It’s around 30mt away from house.

Or I could go Dune and see if it could have a slightly grey tint applied....

Grey with white trims is what I like, but not a heavy grey.

Would love some ideas!

Thankyou

jodesandnaz
Hi All

We’re building our ‘forever home’. It’s a ranch style on acreage, will have verandah.

I’m trying to decide on exterior colours. My plan was to match the shed, main colour Colorbond Dune with white trim and Wallaby doors.

I’m starting to go off the Dune as it’s not always throwing a grey colour which is what I really like.

I have gone Wallaby on the gutters (slight regret) with white facia.

Could I do grey on main part of the house, maybe a lighter shade of Wallaby or do you think this would clash with the shed? It’s around 30mt away from house.

Or I could go Dune and see if it could have a slightly grey tint applied....

Grey with white trims is what I like, but not a heavy grey.

Would love some ideas!

Thankyou

The Dune looks like it has a slight olive green undertone and the Wallaby looks like a slight brown tone. They compliment each other well but if you are wanting the grey and white look I’m not sure this is really hitting the mark.

I personally would not worry about the shed at this stage and pick the colours of the house that you really want. Can you paint the shed down the track or something so that it gives you more scope with what you select for the house?

- View my blog at www.waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.com
Thankyou for replying.

I think I’ve sabotaged myself by putting on the Wallaby gutter. I am really disliking it, but it’s too late now that it’s on.

On the shed it looks cool whereas next to the white facia it’s throwing off a brown undertone.

No chance of painting the shed, we put it up 12 months ago, no way my hubby will paint it!!

I’m wishing I left the gutter zinc. Agh

What colour is your roof?

Building our first custom dream home. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Building our first custom dream home. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
sparrowsnest
What colour is your roof?

Roof is zinc.

I’m really disliking how brown the wallaby looks next to it.

I’m concerned that if I choose a cooler grey it will clash with Dune on shed. They’re not right next to each other but close enough you can see both at the same time.

Paint a board and take it out and prop it up against your house at the corner closest to your shed and see what you think. Bunnings so sample pots and often have a bin of off cuts of boards and timber for free in the trade section

Just make sure you paint two coats.

We picked Timeless Grey and Surfmist for some of our facade.

- View my blog at www.waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.com
Related
2/10/2023
Custom build | Facade colours

Building A New House

I'd get the gutters to match your roof and pipes to match the paint - otherwise they become a feature. Nice pick with the paint colours!

31/01/2024
Assistance with Exterior Roof and Brick Colours

Building A New House

Hi all, I am currently building through Simmonds and stuck deciding on my exterior cement roof titles and brick colours. The front and fascade of the house is a pretty…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum