Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Trentham 30 plantation facade.

Page 1 of 1
Hi
Is anyone here who is happy or unhappy with the Metricon Tretham 30?
How was your experience?
Jane Wilson
Hi
Is anyone here who is happy or unhappy with the Metricon Tretham 30?
How was your experience?

I’m building a Newhaven 36 which is basically a bigger version of the Trentham.
House is very close to completion.

Experience has been poor. But your build will only be as good as your Site Manager. Plenty of people on here have had good experiences with M.

I chose a classic facade and added a portico because I wanted a clean rendered look because we’re building with hebel.

Also, I didn’t like how M use weatherboard or matrix panel on the 2nd floor. It’s personal preference of course but I feel that the construction isn’t as robust compared to using all brick or all hebel from slab to eave.

The other thing I would say is that is I have the garage on the side. I wish I had built over the garage and the alfresco area also. eg with a granny flat or game room or even just having it as an attic storage room or home office solution.

I now need to find a roofing solution for the alfresco and it really would have been cheaper to just build over it. Thereby Killing two birds with one stone.

Hi there! We’re currently building the Trentham, in terms of the floor plan we love how it’s laid out. We’re really happy with our choice! Feel free to shoot through any questions!
Bethany
Hi there! We’re currently building the Trentham, in terms of the floor plan we love how it’s laid out. We’re really happy with our choice! Feel free to shoot through any questions!

Can I ask how much it's costing you? We are currently set on Glendale but Trentham is our second choice if Glendale goes over our budget.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

5/07/2023
Facade Parapet Moulding

Building A New House

Agree, Riviera from Clarendon looks beautiful. I've seen one with a light-colored bricks and just a bit of molding (in my neighborhood). It's definitely overpriced. I'm…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum