Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New Home

Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone. we are looking at building a home with wisdom and would love to get some feedback. Our budget is very tight and we are keen to know how much the tender costs differ from the estimate. Also have you needed to allow for alot of extras? love to hear from you
x
FionaHabben
Hi Everyone. we are looking at building a home with wisdom and would love to get some feedback. Our budget is very tight and we are keen to know how much the tender costs differ from the estimate. Also have you needed to allow for alot of extras? love to hear from you
x

It will depend upon your;

*Design/plan - customised or not
*Site - slop, soil, rock etc
*upgrades - what they provide and what you want!

As per my understanding, you have to calculate $1500-$1800/sq meter.. as a total amount..with all PLUS&MINUS.

Hope that helps! Good luck
You should have a look at the wisdom thread. A lot of great info there. We built with wisdom and it very much depends on how many upgrades you put in. They have a very good standard of inclusions compared to most builders though. The tender is usually pretty good in terms of estimates (unless site costs become an issue). Ours was only about $1000 off the estimate, but we had a very flat block of land. It's the upgrades that you will want that add up. We will have gone about $80,000 over the base price by the time we are done (most of which was already in the tender) but that will include all of our landscaping, fencing, blinds (all done by us not wisdom), site costs, driveway, plus upgrades for facade, kitchen, tiles, carpet and electrical. You would need at least $4k for electrical upgrades at a bare minimum. We spent $6k and we're pretty tight. We spent about $16k on kitchen upgrades (upgraded stone plus waterfalls, cupboards and benches in pantry and a few other bits and pieces) $5k on tiles (could have spent way more if I had more money), will need at least $25k for landscaping (very cheap DIY landscaping)
It is very much dependant on what you want though. Hope that helps

Related
16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

19/08/2023
New home

Building A New House

Skjm You might want to watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKx-bsOr2jg If that link doesn't work go to youtube and search for Zac Homes ACA I am really…

13/10/2023
Renovating new home - Asbestos question

Renovation + Home Improvement

What you are looking at is fibrous plaster, true gypsum, it is cast on horizontal beds with fibers included to give strength. I has no Asbestos in it. Houses before 1985…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum