Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building first house - need advice on builder

Page 1 of 1
Hey everyone

My wife and I are looking at building, house size is about 320 squares including garage and alfresco.

We are looking for a good builder, with good inclusions and selections

Picking between Dechellis, Oakford and Format.

Would love to hear everyone's experience if you built with any of the above.

Dechellis have quoted approx 300k so far.
This is the floorplan we are considering
Hi Trent
We are looking to build a something similar in Adelaide and considering those builders so really looking forward to your responses.
Best of luck
Dave.
Same here, we are going to build a 320 sugared meter home with two story next year. Just start hunting builders, we are looking at format, fair mount, okaford, currently waiting for the quote from format. Our home with need retaining wall, and bit of cut and fill, thus, I am too scared to know the footing cost:( .
Hi Trent,

When deciding who we would build with, we researched many forums, reviews etc and found that if we based our decision on the information we read, we wouldn't build with anyone! There are some scathing reviews out there for each and every builder, and there are also some great ones.

No matter who you choose, read the fine print and ensure you have everything you want included in your contract and not as a variation. The build threads on this forum have some good, honest information about how people's builds have progressed with different builders.
smithfamily
Hi Trent,

When deciding who we would build with, we researched many forums, reviews etc and found that if we based our decision on the information we read, we wouldn't build with anyone! There are some scathing reviews out there for each and every builder, and there are also some great ones.

No matter who you choose, read the fine print and ensure you have everything you want included in your contract and not as a variation. The build threads on this forum have some good, honest information about how people's builds have progressed with different builders.

Hi. How did you go with your build? Would you say you’re satisfied with the construction?
Cyrust
smithfamily
Hi Trent,

Hi. How did you go with your build? Would you say you’re satisfied with the construction?

Overall would be satisfied. Now I have built, I want to do it again ☺
Trent Smith
Cyrust
smithfamily
Hi Trent,

Overall would be satisfied. Now I have built, I want to do it again ☺

Thanks. Who did you end up building with?
[quote defaultattr=""]Dechellis Homes
[/quote]
Related
24/10/2023
Need advice - vinyl over kitchen tiles

General Discussion

Levelling compound Ardit is the best but buy a bag of sand and make sand dam to protect your wood floor

29/10/2023
Need Subfloor Advice for a new build!

Building A New House

XCEM Alpha flooring seems to relatively new and I could not found any reviews. Have you or someone you know have used it and would recommend over other subfloor options?…

30/10/2023
We need Structural Engineers' advice on Driveway Barrier

Building A New House

I’m not a structural engineer but I’m free. you still need an engineer for the plans. I only have part of your plans, but you seem to have a 850mm drop from the side…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum