Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Aspire Designer Homes

Page 1 of 2
Hi all!

Has anyone built with Aspire Designer Homes in Victoria?? I haven't been able to find anything on them except for a couple of Instagram pics... Have just signed on with them but would love to hear from others who have built with them.

Thanks in advance!!
NattyAddy
Hi all!

Has anyone built with Aspire Designer Homes in Victoria?? I haven't been able to find anything on them except for a couple of Instagram pics... Have just signed on with them but would love to hear from others who have built with them.

Thanks in advance!!

Hi Natty,

We are currently in the process of engaging with Aspire in the Bairnsdale region. I too have been looking for any info that will help make our choice easier of who to build with as our quote for raised celinings seemed to be quite high compared to other figures we have and being first time builders want to know we are not being overcharged.

Would love to know your thoughts.
Hi there,

I'm so sorry, I didn't even know that someone had replied!

Our sales guy has been AMAZING but the process has been harrowing

We pulled our house down last April as they needed the final soil test and only received our permit LAST WEEK!!
Minor changes to the floor plan would take four to five weeks to come back and when they did they were wrong so another four to five weeks we would wait. Then the permit, which was meant to take two to three weeks took eight! I just want to be in my house already, it's so stressful as we've been living with my parents for the past NINE months when we could have been in our old house up until Christmas. I'm really deflated but I know things will change as soon as they break ground.

They're now booking in all the jobs so I'm just waiting on a start date - will keep you posted. I was told this generally takes two to three weeks...

Did you end up going ahead with them?
hey just signed up too - our plans are going to drafting for a second time, hopefully by the end of the week. Hopefully there won’t be too many changes now as there was heaps that wasn’t included in our first attempt to drafting.😬🤦🏼‍♀️ Will keep you updated
Hi Chrissy3783 how did you go with your plans? Can you believe we still haven't started building yet? Two weeks ago they did the site cut and nothing since... I'm starting to lose faith
Probably just waiting for stuff they have ordered to be delivered or suppliers they have booked to commence. We had a little bit of a gap between site cut and next bit. Not too long about a week. I’m sure they do your next bit shortly.
icat2000
Probably just waiting for stuff they have ordered to be delivered or suppliers they have booked to commence. We had a little bit of a gap between site cut and next bit. Not too long about a week. I’m sure they do your next bit shortly.

So sorry for the delay in responding! I really like these guys, as people, but we haven’t even hit frame stage... It’s really disheartening thinking we’re not going to be in by Christmas. Our fingers and toes are crossed! How is your build going?
Hey!
We too are looking at building with aspire and for the past 10 months have just been so much p!$$ farting around on their front. We were told 20 weeks to build at the start of the year.... after the 5th or 6th set of drawings they are still wrong
Hey NattyAddy I am just wondering how you have gone with your Aspire Build? we have just signed with them and I have really struggled to find anything good or bad on them and I believe they have been around for a while?
I'm also interested to hear opinions on aspire designer homes. Love one of their floor plans but can't find much about them either
Hey Guys!
We are still moving forward with Aspire....however its not based on their people and communication skills i can tell you that much.
We have only just recieved our HIA contract, which has taken 10 months to get too, with them initally making us feel that we would be in the house by the end of this year.
Very slow process....
Hi All!

I'm so sorry, I don't know why I'm not getting notifications of these replies?! Well, we're still not in. I will admit that a few weeks were due to contractors we've used in lieu of theirs (think flooring and cabinetry) holding up the build but for the most part almost nothing was done between October 2017 and June 2018. Our site manger is just the best - I have lost my $h1t at him a couple of times and he has taken it in his stride and calmed me right down. He has used the best trades on our house and the finish is top notch. He has told me what to and why - eg expansion joint in stairwell, we didn't use skirting as it would not have been as aesthetically pleasing, lol.

Lost all faith in my sales guy after things that were discussed and recommendations weren't included or were just crap. Eg. Concrete bricks - don't ever use them, you'll end up with cracked mortar everywhere - even before you've finished building! I don't even want to talk to him now, I'm so angry with him. We're coming up to two years without a house however there is light at the end of the tunnel, we should, fingers crossed, be in this time next month!

We have said March so as not to get our hopes up but who are we kidding, my hopes are so high it's a Feb handover that I'm will to put up one of my kids as the wager, lol! (...Obviously the cheeky one.) I started building at the same time as a friend who is using Latitude 37 and they won't be in until March so in terms of building the timeline matches with other builders - they're all just bloody slow - Mind you, she started the process eight months after me so they are easily a more efficient mob to deal with in the beginning. Looking forward to checking out the quality of her home when it's done. I can't complain about the work completed to date, just the time it's taken to do it

Million dollar question... Would I build with them again?? Jury is still out on that one. I would engage my site manager independently in a heart beat. My advice if you are using them, stay on top of everything and call Gary (the owner) as many times as you need to in order to get things moving. He is fair, old and stern, but fair...

Good luck with your builds, all!
melissakate
cupcake.girl
kyashton78
chrissy3783
Hey all, but particularly nattyaddy - I wanted to see how everything went with Aspire Designer homes? Are you happy with your final build? Has there been any issues?

Were they ok to deal with along the way? Am thinking of signing on with them but there is not a lot of info out there about them!

Thanks so much!
kyashton78
Hey NattyAddy I am just wondering how you have gone with your Aspire Build? we have just signed with them and I have really struggled to find anything good or bad on them and I believe they have been around for a while?

Hey kyashton78 - how have things been so far with Aspire?
Hi Everyone just wanted to find out if anyone has needed to take consumer action against this company. We built an investment property in 2017 and have had issues with water flooding the garage when it rains heavily. A number of things were found but it took a long time to sort it out with Aspire and then they wanted to refuse to fix the water damage after the fact even though they had said it was under warranty. Eventually they did fix it. However the garage is still flooding when it rains heavily and we now have to look at the next step to try and find out what is defective with the property to be causing this as we have been advised there are defects. It's been very tough because we have lost tenants over this and had costs to try and get this sorted. We have learnt there are some other home owners with similar issues and would be keen to connect with them.
JJgirl
kyashton78

Hey kyashton78 - how have things been so far with Aspire?

So sorry I didn’t see the notification re above, it has been a slow process for us but not because of Aspire, our sub development took far longer than anticipated so we are now approaching the 2 year mark and we are just about to sign our HIA Contracts (Hooray). I have found Aspire particularly good to deal with, we currently reside on the other side of the country so most of our correspondence has been via email (this has been extremely challenging) hundreds of emails later I feel like they have listened to and tweaked plans to fit with my vision, they have been patient and understanding and highly accomodating. I’m looking forward to the next phase as we move towards seeing this project come to life❤️
JJgirl how did you go ? Did you end up going ahead
[quote="JJgirl":3hgas0ek]Hey all, but particularly nattyaddy - I wanted to see how everything went with Aspire Designer homes? Are you happy with your final build? Has there been any issues?

Were they ok to deal with along the way? Am thinking of signing on with them but there is not a lot of info out there about them!

Thanks so much![/quote:3hgas0ek]
WARNING : If I had my time all over again, I would aspire not to go anywhere near them.
We were initially very happy with the service and building results however issues occurred shortly after completion in April 2017 when water kept getting into the garage and flooding it when it rained. We have tried a number of things since, consulted builders and plumbers and spent quite a few thousand dollars fixing things and have found a number of defects, the garage has needed to be repaired inside twice due to water damage. We have found that the after sales process has been slow and problematic. We are still working on the problem and Aspire have addressed the defects and they are currently fixing some of the defects which we hope will stop the problem but ultimately it appears our house should have been built a bit higher.
Morganhorselove
.....but ultimately it appears our house should have been built a bit higher.

A more common problem than you might think. Was the slab actually built at the engineered height?
SaveH2O
Morganhorselove
.....but ultimately it appears our house should have been built a bit higher.

A more common problem than you might think. Was the slab actually built at the engineered height?

We believe so however as our neighbour's house was much higher a plumber advised us the garage should have been 40mm higher than it is. We are getting some run off from the neighbouring property which is also flowing into the garage under the garage wall which wasn't sealed.
Related
2/09/2023
Architect vs designer vs builder

Renovation + Home Improvement

Your build is relatively simple, I believe your job can be easily done by a good building designer, you really do not need to pay for the architect. Remember, architect's…

30/05/2024
I need the forum's help to find a new designer

Building A New House

I also notice that most the builds in Australia are really simplistic when it gets to the interior design and lighting design. Most of the builds are just offering off the…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum