Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

BOLD Portofino 229 (Brisbane) - PCI 13 AUG!

Page 1 of 9
Hi everyone!

Hubby and I are first time home builders. We have purchased a small lot of land (448m2) in Brisbane and will be building with BOLD. We are only in the preliminary tender stages, but have been so impressed with our sales consultant. He really has gone above and beyond! Hopefully we will find people like him at all stages of our build! *FINGERS CROSSED*

We will be keeping the floorplan as below, but will be extending the roof/outdoor living (in line with the back of the house) and re-orientating the ensuite.

If you have built with BOLD and have any advice/suggestions... especially regarding your colour consultation at Evolve (the part I am most nervous about), we would love to hear from you!

[u:1s0f9m7e][b:1s0f9m7e]TIMELINE: PRE-CONSTRUCTION
[/b:1s0f9m7e][/u:1s0f9m7e]SEP 17: Land finance pre-approved
SEP 17: Signed land contract (pending soil & finance)
SEP 17: Paid initial land deposit
SEP 17: Paid 1st preliminary deposit with BOLD
SEP 17: Signed preliminary tender and conditions of purchase with BOLD
OCT 17: Paid balance of land deposit
OCT 17: Soil test completed
OCT 17: Land finance unconditional
OCT 17: Land transfer duty concession submitted
OCT 17: Land settled
NOV 17: EVOLVE colour selections 1
NOV 17: EVOLVE colour selections 2
DEC: 17: Construction finance pre-approved
DEC 17: Paid 2nd preliminary deposit with BOLD
DEC 17: Signed fixed priced tender with BOLD
DEC 17: Signed HIA Contract with BOLD
JAN 18: Valuation completed
JAN 18: Construction finance unconditional
JAN 18: Land loan merged with construction loan
FEB 18: Signed Build Specifications with BOLD
FEB 18: Awaiting working drawings from BOLD
MAR 18: Covenant approval
MAR 18: Final working drawings and variations from BOLD signed
MAR 18: Awaiting Council approval
MAR 18: Contacted and locked in KSPEC for independent stage inspections
MAR 18: COUNCIL APPROVAL
MAR 17: Letter of Commencement received
04 APR 18: Site-cut
10 APR 18: Site Start
16 APR 18: Base Stage complete
04 MAY 18: Frame Stage complete
22 JUN 18: Enclose Stage complete
04 JUL 18: Fixing Stage complete
13 AUG 18: PCI booked
27 AUG 18 or 10 SEP 18: Handover booked

[img:1s0f9m7e]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/36551_1506663847.jpg[/img:1s0f9m7e]
Hi!!

Congrats on your purchase

Just to let you know that for some reason your thread shows up under the WA (Western Australia) builds... so you might need to edit it so you get some Brisbane locals commenting
Thanks spiffmiff. I have asked admin to change this (we moved from WA at the end of 2016) as I can't see where to do it myself..?
Hey Chrinee,

Great to see you have started a thread
it's a very clever floor plan you have picked, the butlers is really functional.

Any idea on when your going for your colours appointment?

Thanks Tribe7. Yes for a small house we are really happy with it's functionally. Hubby is away atm, so not until early Nov
Already been to Evolve twice to browse!
Soil test completed!

Great news you had your soil test done
hope it comes back with a good classification.

That's a bugger you have to wait until Nov for your colour selection, at least you will know exactly what you what and be organized.

Thanks Tribe7, I was so excited to see this little hole after a stressful week.

Colour selection is 6 Nov. Hubby and I are currently using Google Docs and Pinterest to share ideas. BOLD mentioned a book was mailed to us, so hopefully that provides us with some inspiration.

How are things with your build going?
Ours came back as a 'S' classification, so yours could be the same
gr8ly, I'd be very surprised if it doesnt come back as an 'S' classification as the developer told us a previous soil test (from original land purchaser) came back 'S'. Now I want to hear no extra site costs other than the ones on preliminary tender required LOL

Any progress with your build?
chrinee
Thanks Tribe7, I was so excited to see this little hole after a stressful week.

Colour selection is 6 Nov. Hubby and I are currently using Google Docs and Pinterest to share ideas. BOLD mentioned a book was mailed to us, so hopefully that provides us with some inspiration.

How are things with your build going?

Oh wow you guys have S that's awesome. We just scraped in on a H2, a couple of more mm of clay and we would of been a E

Very exciting your looking for ideas, display homes are a great place to visit for ideas too, if you pick on builders like plantation and clarendon they use quantum Quartz and polytec too. Metricon and coral use casear stone and laminex (it can be tricky to match one brand to the other perfectly) I've only been in a couple of Bold's displays but they are beautiful. What look are you planning on going with?

I have no idea what the book is but is sounds interesting.

We are waiting on the bank, very over it.

Tribe7 waiting for the bank is so frustrating! We have had a fairly stressful week with our bank, but I think we have finally turned the corner.

Yeah, we are lucky to have S classification in our area. Should keep the site/slab costs down... I hope!

I've looked at so many display homes and taken so many inspiration photos over the last three months... but I think I need to stop looking, as I keep changing my mind. That, and I suffer from "champagne taste on a beer budget" LOL

Did you know BOLD now uses Ceaserstone!? I was so excited when I saw this in Evolve last week.

I am starting to wonder if the book they mentioned mailing is actually the PDF that is uploaded on PropertyPro..?
We had our first colour appointment with EVOLVE on Monday 6 November (and another on Wednesday 15 November... long story). The staff at EVOLVE have been wonderful and very patient with me. I truly couldn't ask for a better experience with BOLD and EVOLVE thus far!

*Edited... new photos to follow*
wow! love it all! you've chosen well with your choices.. i think it will look awesome

for the vanities/cabinets, i would try and compliment it with the floors and walls... i like the more monotone colours that way you can change your colour scheme without it clashing with anything else. However the darker wood colours will warm up areas and make it more inviting.
Thanks gr8ly. After sleeping on it, I am also leaning toward the more monotone colours and then adding warmth with furniture/art/homewares.

How is your build going? Any movement?
chrinee
Thanks gr8ly. After sleeping on it, I am also leaning toward the more monotone colours and then adding warmth with furniture/art/homewares.

How is your build going? Any movement?

haha good choice.. that's my thinking as well

yeah finally our builder have notified us that they will be finally starting within the next couple of weeks
yay!
So exciting gr8ly. Can't wait to follow your build!
and yours too neighbour
Hi just found you. Love your selections they are so similar to ours.

@H Family I read your thread this morning... so similar!!
Related
18/08/2023
PCI - How thorough were you?

Building A New House

We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports with photos at every stage,…

7/11/2023
Question regarding PCI and H&C Insurance

Building A New House

i would not be signing anything on the day read your contract about when builder submits final invoice generally, have to meet builder within 7 days of receiving final…

24/05/2024
MJH 2024 - Timeframe from lockup to PCI

Building A New House

Anyone have any ideas on time frame? - Our gyprock got delivered today and SS said it will be all installed by end of this coming week with waterproofing to be done a few…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum