Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Stamp duty refund

Page 1 of 1
My land settled on 03/03/2017 and bank had deducted $10670 for stamp duty.this is my first home and principal place to live.land value $ 286000 (with the house $512735)my conveyer said he apply for the refund even before we got our fhog and he didn't even ask for a occupancy certificate or anything other documents.now we asked him that we didn't get any refund,he says that bank pays us.but bank deducted $10670 +registration fee.when we contacted bank said it is too old and we have to check with land transfer office.does land office pay it to the bank first and bank pay to us,is this sound correct?anyone know about this please help me I don't know anything about this.thanks a lot!

Our conveyancer handled all of the stamp duty side of things and our land was 286 k our stamp duty was only $2k . Is the house 512 and land 286 as I m pretty sure it needs to be under 750k to qualify for rebate

Our bank claimed the first home owner grant separately

Same thing happened to us..you need to supply your building contract has well to bank to get the deductions on stamp duty while settling for land

galleriamad
Our conveyancer handled all of the stamp duty side of things and our land was 286 k our stamp duty was only $2k . Is the house 512 and land 286 as I m pretty sure it needs to be under 750k to qualify for rebate

512 house and land r u in Victoria? U paid only 2k or u paid full amount and got refund?if u got refund how did u know they paid u?did they pay to ur account?thanks a lot

ashu26
Same thing happened to us..you need to supply your building contract has well to bank to get the deductions on stamp duty while settling for land

Did they deducted full amount first and refund back or just deduct the 50% ? Thanks a lot

galleriamad
Our bank claimed the first home owner grant separately

What about stamp duty refund,Did they deducted full amount first and refund back or just deduct the 50% ? Thanks a lot

I paid the stamp duty in full on land settlement. Once the build was completed my broker applied for the refund for me.. I've been approved and should be receiving 40% refund soon.
They have deducted full amount first..when you move in your property then you can claim 50% refund.but i think you have to move in 12 months from the settlement date( not sure about this).

rdd
galleriamad

512 house and land r u in Victoria? U paid only 2k or u paid full amount and got refund?if u got refund how did u know they paid u?did they pay to ur account?thanks a lot

we are in qld and yes only paid 2k , we are first home owners and are building

galleriamad
rdd
galleriamad

we are in qld and yes only paid 2k , we are first home owners and are building

Thanks

Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum