Insulation installed in walls - plasterboard started - 19th October
Plasterboard finished & cornices begin - 24th October
Cornices & sanding - 27th October
Waterproofing started - 28th October
Bricks begin - 30th October
Locks and fit out to cupboards and wardrobe, skirting to walls - 31st October
Bricks continued - 1st November
Carpentry work, electrical cut outs & tiling begins - 3rd November
Tiling continued this week, more handles fitted out, gutters and outdoor underlay, window trims - 10th November
Painting prep, painting - 13th November
Garage door - 16th November
Benchtops - 17th November
Painting completed - 20th November
Final fit out - 23rd November
Electrical (fit out) - 28th November
Plumbing (fit out) - 28th November
Carpentry (fit out)- shower screens, handles, locks, mirrors, robe doors - 30th November
Tiling (main area) - 4th, 5th & 6th December
Carpet - 8th December
Feature tiles and splashback, site clean- 11th, 12th, 13th December
Driveway & screens, site clean - 18th, 19th, 20th December
PC - 20th December
PCI - (planned) 9th January
PCI - (actual) - 12th January (My birthday present)
Handover (pushed back from 18th) - 19th January
Our land...
Our plans...
Our tile selections for the feature strip, floor tiles in grey and builder's white for the wall tiles...
Our colour selections:

We went for a light brick and darker roof in colorbond, well worth getting the upgrade to off-white mortar too!

Carpet is standard but we upgraded the underlay. We upgraded the cabinet colours for white polished up the top and grey wood underneath with the urban grey ceaserstone benchtop...https://www.dropbox.com/s/ya5k70rctizmv ... 5.jpg?dl=0
Following we start on th 7th

Welcome and good luck with it all

Time for an update! After week 1 we are well underway with hopes we can get it done by Xmas. We had our meeting onsite with Garry, he has been so helpful with our multitude of questions and we also saw Steve out on site at a property he was doing handover, he is brilliant to talk to and it was lovely to know he had done our neighbour's house.

We have a site cut, we have done our owner supplied retaining wall and we are now ready for a slab. We had a bit more costs involved with the retaining than expected as the wall space needed to be cut seperate to the cut and fill and it also had to be surveyed seperately to Coral's surveying, but moving on we are ready to hand over to Coral to build!

Got some pics to share: Site cut & retaining Site cut & retaining 2 Site cut & wall 3 Retaining wall 4
You are just behing me, we are pouring our slab today and praying to be in by xmas

H Family
You are just behing me, we are pouring our slab today and praying to be in by xmas

Yay! We hope our slab gets done this Saturday as promised. Fingers crossed, will look out for your pics and progress. We will both certainly have a happy Xmas if we are in there
That's awesome! Can you advise what date you met with Garry Lovett for your meeting

Thanks we met him on Tuesday last week for our site start. 🙂
Hudson House
Thanks we met him on Tuesday last week for our site start.
far out that makes me mad he hasn't been at ours for weeks sorting issues because he has been off work sick which is obviously untrue

dougang287
Hudson House
Thanks we met him on Tuesday last week for our site start.

far out that makes me mad he hasn't been at ours for weeks sorting issues because he has been off work sick which is obviously untrue

Sorry to hear that, they have SS on a number of sites and from my understanding they facilitate and co-ordinate the build. I know he is currently away and we have been directed to our Head office consultant for any issues, maybe check in with head office and see if they can help you?
Ours is finished pending a load of issues we have been in for three weeks now and he had supposedly been sick whole time

dougang287
Ours is finished pending a load of issues we have been in for three weeks now and he had supposedly been sick whole time

Hopefully Coral Homes can live up to their after sales service for you and get any repairs done with post inspections. My Aunty built with them and had a heap of little things fixed at her post-handover check up she just had to push for it. Sending my best wishes to you, your home does look stunning!
Thank you

Welcome and good luck with the build!
Went out yesterday to find the piers were done and we are well on track for a slab this weekend! Set up an account with Origin too and it's over $300 to get energex to set up the power meter... sadly more hidden expenses...and rates to pay.

Piers 1 Piers 2 Piers 3 Piers 4 Piers 5
We were $650 so our first power bill was around $750 - we came out 3 times and our ss had our air con on with doors and windows open. Now our aircon doesn't work since us being in

Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum