Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Delays and Extension of Time Clause

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Can anyone tell me about their experience with their builder extending the length of contract? Is it normal for the builder to keep extending the time allowed for the build?

Our build is progressing very slowly and the builder has extended the allowable time by 61 days after starting the build 9 months ago.

Thanks
S
What? 61 days?
What reasons?

Im 4 months in. Only 2 days claimed.

Extension of time requires a good reason and if there is not one you should object. Many times builders will try and extend for their convenience even after they wasted good time on the job. How will you know? If you have your own independent inspector then you should be able to get a good guidance.
Building stage inspections from your inspector are not just about finding building defects but also to assist you in jour building journey.
thanks for the tip. Yes 61 days! Various reasons such as extra rock excavation, rain delays, wet site. Sydney has also had one of its driest winters so it is very frustrating. I believe they are way behind schedule to keep adding days. There are many days where there is no one on site and when I question it they just say their guys are held up at another job and will get onto ours soon.
Related
19/11/2023
HIA Contract Clause 16.2 Delays to Carrying Out the Works Af

Building A New House

Unless there is something in special conditions the builder does not have to give you timeline. If your demolition contractor has not removed Asbestos and it was found…

18/07/2023
Unusual Delays and Significant Price Increase During Pre-con

Building A New House

Just to makea point about this, an approach that some people have found sucessful in negotiating these rises down, Is to provide some workings to the builder, specifying…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum