Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Metricon Laguna 40 Ryde council

Page 1 of 1
We have finally taken our first steps and have put our $1500 deposit on a Laguna. We were in two minds to which one and have decided on the bigger Laguna 40.
We have our 2hour consultation coming up which is apparently our final tender. Not 100% sure what to expect nor what this entails!!! We have written down our alterations on the plans. Mind you the plans they give you is no where near the outlay you see in the display home. Like windows bi folding doors etc.
I am not sure if I need to give them the specifics of the kitchen outlay etc
After reading some forums they say to add as much as possible as it is easy to take away!
I am open to feedback to what to expect and how I can be prepared!!
I didn't build with Metricon but I 100% agree with putting as much in your tender now rather than later. We did most upgrades e.g. Waterfall stone ends, water tank size change, upgrade internal/external doors, change large front window to 2 single double hung windows, door to WIR etc. any 'upgrades' or variations you do after you have sent away your contract to the bank comes out of your own pocket. So try to write down all of your wants and have a look through any brochures for bricks and what not, to find out if you want to add in an allowance for you to use later. If you don't use it - you should get a credit back
good luck

Building with Perry Homes - Were in!!
viewtopic.php?t=84756
Has anyone asked for all the internal frames to be H3 all over or just in the wet areas? Open to thoughts. I was told that the pine can rot easy.
Related
7/06/2023
Renting knock-down rebuild pre council/demolition

Building A New House

We've had the offer of a short term tenant whilst waiting for CDC/DA home approval and demolition for our knock down rebuild. It would achieve a pretty low rent as it's…

6/07/2023
Cumberland Council (NSW) setback requirements

Building A New House

This was on google. Development controls 2.3.1 Front setback D1 New buildings within residential areas shall adhere to a front building line, which is 5.5-6m to the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum