Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Insulation

Page 1 of 1
Hi - just wanting opinions on whether to put insulation batts in internal walls? We have them going in the ceiling but didn't consider the walls, wondering if we should add. We have reverse aircon going in and a wood fire fireplace and also a ventilation system that will help redistribute any heat in the roof space back into the house so thought we were covered with heat and cooling. Considering putting acoustic batts in the wall between the main bedroom and kitchen to cut the noise. Any advice?
most project home builders will offer you a 3 room deal with Bradford soundscreen batts if you ask them. Generally not that expensive, and will go a little way to muffling and quieting the noise from room to room, but by no means soundproof.
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

6/07/2023
Hebel Flooring PLUS Insulation or Not?

General Discussion

1000000% definitely add insulation. I have in my home and it makes a big difference minimising sound transfer. Insulation is pretty cheap and definitely worth it

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum