Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Valeco Homes

Page 1 of 10
Hi Homeone!

Just wondering if there are any people out there building with valeco homes?

Haven't been able to find too many builds on here with them.

I think we should make this the Valeco general thread.

There seems to be quite a few of us that have popped up now and would be good to have the one spot for general topics as the builds go on.
sounds good
Lanabananah

There seems to be quite a few of us that have popped up now and would be good to have the one spot for general topics as the builds go on.

I think that's also a good idea!

gr8ly
sounds good

How are you going with yours gr8ly?

Anything new happening? Been to colour selections yet?

breebarter
gr8ly
sounds good

im a bit slack with my own thread... a lot to report. Yes we had our colour selection, we are just waiting to see how much extra its all going to cost. Makes me anxious. We are going a black ensuite, and pretty much monochrome everywhere else.

Meanwhile our plan didn't pass the efficiency test, so we need to adjust the plan again... a bit frustrating. Too much glass, although it seems to be energy efficient, you need to live in a cave like house.
gr8ly
im a bit slack with my own thread... a lot to report. Yes we had our colour selection, we are just waiting to see how much extra its all going to cost. Makes me anxious. We are going a black ensuite, and pretty much monochrome everywhere else.

Meanwhile our plan didn't pass the efficiency test, so we need to adjust the plan again... a bit frustrating. Too much glass, although it seems to be energy efficient, you need to live in a cave like house.

Yayyyy, monochrome houses are the bomb!!

Can't wait to see your selections, I hope they come within budget for you!
Lanabananah

Yessss, team Valeco!!
staceyrussell
gr8ly

Yayyyy, monochrome houses are the bomb!!

Can't wait to see your selections, I hope they come within budget for you!

i hope so... i think our styles are very similar Stacey
gr8ly
breebarter
gr8ly
sounds good

Awesome stuff! I love a dark ensuite.

We are having the same trouble at the moment, developers design specifications are very specific (sigh
) we are choosing the moon dust bricks with off white mortar, but.. wanting a dark monument roof or something to contrast against the light colour. Developer is very "Eco friendly" so no dark roof for us

We even have a selection of plants we're aloud to choose, and not aloud anything other than those specific plants.

gr8ly
i hope so... i think our styles are very similar Stacey

What bathroom tiles did you choose for your black ensuite?
breebarter

We are having the same trouble at the moment, developers design specifications are very specific (sigh
) we are choosing the moon dust bricks with off white mortar, but.. wanting a dark monument roof or something to contrast against the light colour. Developer is very "Eco friendly" so no dark roof for us

We even have a selection of plants we're aloud to choose, and not aloud anything other than those specific plants.

our estate is strict as well! super annoying! although front landscaping is included, so we are hoping it actually looks nice as well.

Meanwhile i love the moon dust brick.. Did you go to PGH bricks and check it out? We decided to go with frost, and have chosen a shale grey roof. For your roof, you could go windspray or Balsalt? i think that would contrast nicely
staceyrussell

This is kinda inspiration for it... also our feature wall in the shower. The floor tiles and other walls will be touchstone nero rectified polished porcelain. It's basically a sparkly gloss black.

a
gr8ly
staceyrussell

This is kinda inspiration for it... also our feature wall in the shower. The floor tiles and other walls will be touchstone nero rectified polished porcelain. It's basically a sparkly gloss black.

a

Oh my goodness, it sounds amazing!!! We have a touchstone nero tile for our kitchen, but it's not a gloss. It's a textured tile. But super sexy, so a polished one for a bathroom like this sounds super duper sexy. haha
staceyrussell
gr8ly
staceyrussell

a

Oh my goodness, it sounds amazing!!! We have a touchstone nero tile for our kitchen, but it's not a gloss. It's a textured tile. But super sexy, so a polished one for a bathroom like this sounds super duper sexy. haha

I just googled the tile, will be so good to see that one together!

Gr8ly and Stacey, were the upgrade for the tiles an arm and a leg or pretty reasonable?

breebarter

Gr8ly and Stacey, were the upgrade for the tiles an arm and a leg or pretty reasonable?

For our build, we upgraded to Premium Floor tiles for bathroom and ensuite (Exile Charcoal Lappato). This cost us $987.

We chose Touchstone Nero DC-Porc Honed Text Rect 73x298 for the kitchen splashback, this cost us $420.

We didn't get extra tiling up walls or anything for the bathrooms, which would have been great but couldn't stretch our budget. And our kitchen splashback doesn't apply to our butler pantry.
gr8ly
breebarter

our estate is strict as well! super annoying! although front landscaping is included, so we are hoping it actually looks nice as well.

Meanwhile i love the moon dust brick.. Did you go to PGH bricks and check it out? We decided to go with frost, and have chosen a shale grey roof. For your roof, you could go windspray or Balsalt? i think that would contrast nicely

We included our landscaping as well, I wonder how far the included amount will get us.. ha

Frost was another one we liked, I love neutrals though, we arnt as daring as yourself and Stacey with the monochrome! So hopefully we don't fail at our colour selections lol!

Basalt will be nice actually, thanks for that. Will have to go check out the bricks, where are their selection centres?

We are still waiting for the costs back from colour selection. We upgraded the floor tiles which was a substantial cost of around 6K... that didn't include our bathrooms, so we shall wait and see. We are only wanting to go tile to ceilings for the showers. But will depend on the price we get back.
breebarter
We included our landscaping as well, I wonder how far the included amount will get us.. ha

Frost was another one we liked, I love neutrals though, we arnt as daring as yourself and Stacey with the monochrome! So hopefully we don't fail at our colour selections lol!

Basalt will be nice actually, thanks for that. Will have to go check out the bricks, where are their selection centres?

it was a bit of a drive, but it was worthwhile to see how they all actually look. The PGH centre is in Oxley. You don't need an appointment.. just rock up. You also can take home a free sample as well.

We are stressing how we will landscape the backyard though... no idea! Just want the house built first lol
staceyrussell
breebarter

For our build, we upgraded to Premium Floor tiles for bathroom and ensuite (Exile Charcoal Lappato). This cost us $987.

We chose Touchstone Nero DC-Porc Honed Text Rect 73x298 for the kitchen splashback, this cost us $420.

We didn't get extra tiling up walls or anything for the bathrooms, which would have been great but couldn't stretch our budget. And our kitchen splashback doesn't apply to our butler pantry.

Floor to ceiling tiles in the bathrooms are something we have really wanted, so have put away some money for that ourselves and didn't include it in our mortgage.
The only wall tile I even remotely like though in the standard range is the Euphoria Cement. But I think standard range is our only option if we want the higher tiles.. budget budgets!

Have no idea on the floor tiles yet though.

Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

28/06/2023
Boutique Homes

General Discussion

Thanks for the insight.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum