Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Marcoola 32ish

Page 1 of 5
New to the site, we're 21 weeks (and 10kgs gained) into our build with Coral.
This is our 3rd home, 2nd build.
As a family of 4 we are just trying to survive this bumpy ride with a project builder.

[img]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/79484_1500471536

Had a less than pleasant experience with our SS st PCI, long story, we walked off site and left an independent inspector to finish the walk through.

I spoke with the Painter today who will be our neighbour I wanted to ensure that the SS hadn't influenced him and also wanted to let him know our concerns with the paint in general was not of a personal vandetta, but rather a dissatisfaction with the finished result. He was great and I believe he understood where we were coming from.
Just had to say your subway tiles in that bathroom... Leave me speechless!!! Holy moly they look good!!! I'm late but following along!!
Found your thread!!
So pleased you spoke with the painter will make for a more pleasant time and holy moly if thats how the paint with over spary and that down pipe was left thats not acceptable.
I love your tiles they bathroom looks great.

https://www.homeone.com.au/member/bribiebell
Eight_3_Home

Whats this pic trying to show. Was the wall in the wrong spot?

bribiebell
Found your thread!!
So pleased you spoke with the painter will make for a more pleasant time and holy moly if thats how the paint with over spary and that down pipe was left thats not acceptable.
I love your tiles they bathroom looks great.

Yes just a small sample of what we were being 'too fussy' about. I wrote captions for the photos but they didn't hang around, I have a timeline as such of events on instagram if you're on there.
bribiebell
Eight_3_Home

Whats this pic trying to show. Was the wall in the wrong spot?

yes the frame was oversized by 200mm in the laundry and the opening into the room was too narrow. When the chippys went to install the door it remained open at a max of 30degrees.
charlibear
Just had to say your subway tiles in that bathroom... Leave me speechless!!! Holy moly they look good!!! I'm late but following along!!

Thank you was a bit nerve wracking wondering what it would turn out like, much like everyone I left wanting to change all of it hahaha. And don't worry i'm the late one, I just stumbled across this site the day before PCI and half of what I post goes to cyber space, to boot I spent the last 13 years employed as an IT consultant.
Eight_3_Home
charlibear

Thank you was a bit nerve wracking wondering what it would turn out like, much like everyone I left wanting to change all of it hahaha. And don't worry i'm the late one, I just stumbled across this site the day before PCI and half of what I post goes to cyber space, to boot I spent the last 13 years employed as an IT consultant.

My bathrooms are what I most nervous about too, I am so worried they aren't going to look as good as what I hope, the same tile on the floor and wall... hoping it will be a wow factor moment and not a what was I thinking moment lol... I've come close to changing them many times lol
Did you make many changes to your plan? Can you post a copy of floor plan? We would've built the Marcoola if we went with Coral
charlibear
Eight_3_Home
charlibear

My bathrooms are what I most nervous about too, I am so worried they aren't going to look as good as what I hope, the same tile on the floor and wall... hoping it will be a wow factor moment and not a what was I thinking moment lol... I've come close to changing them many times lol

I tried to stick to a theme and considered our furniture (as stupid as that sounds, furniture has nothing to do with a bathroom) as well for the overall look we were going for. In my opinion you've got less chance of rooms 'dating' if your whole house is consistent. Our last build was with a private builder so we didn't have heap of options it was more of a this is what we allow scenario and we selected what we wanted and paid any extra to the supplier if needed be. Can you believe 10years ago we chose carpet without even taking our floor tile or paint colour we just picked one 😱 The house turned out so good and I don't think it ever dated.
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum