Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

new house build - traffic management

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

If you are building in a quiet street and the building works are enclosed within your building site, why would traffic management be a requirement?

Is there a period of time where traffic management is required for road closures when delivering of materials to site. Have others been charged a traffic management cost when building a new house?
If the builder is trying to charge you for this, ring the council and ask them directly if traffic management is required. A lot of builders charge for it when it's not even required.

If a builder has a large truck they need to move or turn at the front of your block to get it dispose the traffic on street this provision is required. Whether they use it or not is completely up to them. And their ability to be honest and refund the allowance. We have it in our contract in a rural area with one car occasionally passing

It may also be possible to get it removed through the local council. The people in the architecture firm I used to design my house went in to bat for me when a traffic management plan was requested - in a semi-rural area! The planning people did eventually concede they had made an error, and the request for the plan was withdrawn. Good luck.
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

16/08/2023
Container house Build - Queensland

Building A New House

Did you ask the Architect

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum