Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Simonds bolton

Page 1 of 1
Hi there
Has anyone built and living in a simonds Bolton with a raised ceiling in the kitchen? We like it but are worried about having such a tall ceiling for heating and cooling. Any advice would be great.
Bolton
Hi there
Has anyone built and living in a simonds Bolton with a raised ceiling in the kitchen? We like it but are worried about having such a tall ceiling for heating and cooling. Any advice would be great.

Hey Bolton!

Guess what?! We went back to the house at night past few nights and believe it or not! The kitchen area is warmer than outside. We checked that it's about 10 degree warmer in the house than outside without any heater turn on! I dont really think that raised ceiling in the kitchen would affect the heating and cooling that much. Not sure if I have help but if you are not keen on the raised ceilling dont worry about adding it on then. It's $8000 more anyway.
danevechild
Bolton
Hi there

Hey Bolton!

Guess what?! We went back to the house at night past few nights and believe it or not! The kitchen area is warmer than outside. We checked that it's about 10 degree warmer in the house than outside without any heater turn on! I dont really think that raised ceiling in the kitchen would affect the heating and cooling that much. Not sure if I have help but if you are not keen on the raised ceilling dont worry about adding it on then. It's $8000 more anyway.

Thanks for that. We are going to get the raised ceiling, its such a feature of the house. Build starts in December, fingers crossed
Bolton
danevechild
Bolton
Hi there

Hey Bolton!

Thanks for that. We are going to get the raised ceiling, its such a feature of the house. Build starts in December, fingers crossed

hahahaha. Congrats!!!! not long now!!!
Hi Everyone!!!

PCI on 8th of August! Not long now i guess!
danevechild
Hi Everyone!!!

PCI on 8th of August! Not long now i guess!

How exciting, make sure you post some pics!!

Hi Everyone,

Here is our garage door! we love the colour! Did pay more to get it stained!

Facade of the house. ( We remove the weatherboard at the front of the facade and went with a wider window)

Fly screen is up!

We added a roller door at the back of the garage.
They still need to paint and do the driveway!

Hope everyone is enjoying our building process.
Hi there. How is it going? Have you moved in yet?
Bolton
Hi there. How is it going? Have you moved in yet?

hi there,

sorry we had issues with the site manager and it was delaying our move. We have finally move in last week.

Hope yours is going well
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum