Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Henley- Monaco Lux Q2- Customised

Page 1 of 4
Hi All,

Just thinking to start my own topic so that i can share my experience and get suggestion from people who are on same page as i. As my Topic says, i am Building Monaco Lux Q2 which is old name of Monaco Series- Option 2 26.

Here is my Floor plan:-

Things amended from Standard Floor Plan:-

1) Extended .5m in length of the home in total and add .5 in Bed 4, .25 in Bed and .25 in Master Suite.
2) Living wall entrance changed as per one of the Display homes.
3) Alternate Garage Location
4) Entrance to Rear Wall change (from sideways to front)
5) Shower Screen of Bath increased.

I will be soon uploading my Color Selections as well and Electrical Plan.

Thanks for looking to my thread.

Hope this journey of Building goes well with Henley as they are going like a snail right now.
Hi All,

Just an update regarding process of my Construction. So, today when i checked my Henley's Member area it has been updated that Administration is complete and file has been processed to Construction Stage.
Floor tiles and carpet

Bathroom Tiles

Front Colors of Facade, render, fascia, downpipes and Door

Roof Tiles

Hi All,

My construction is about to start this week. I would like to know if below inspection which i have finalised is okay or suggest:-

1) Slab+Frame Inspection
2) Final Inspection

Thanks in advance.
That shower is huge. Two shower heads?

same is there in both Ensuite(2160*900) and Bath(1000*900).

Updated Floor Plan. Linen added and single rail deleted.

Electrical Plan
WOW that shower size:x] we have the same tiles "grey polished porcelain" are you using this for bathroom only?
re inspection stages, I would highly recommend pre-pour inspection, I didn't and my slab is uneven in a lot of places pointed out by Darbecca. You might want to consider pre-plaster as well if budget allows.
zee1308
Hi All,

Just an update regarding process of my Construction. So, today when i checked my Henley's Member area it has been updated that Administration is complete and file has been processed to Construction Stage.

Congrats!! We are just waiting for that last damn box to be ticked!! we signed contracts May 1st and also titled on may 1st so its been a long journey to now and we are trying to push henley to get stuff done!
zee1308
Hi All,

My construction is about to start this week. I would like to know if below inspection which i have finalised is okay or suggest:-

1) Slab+Frame Inspection
2) Final Inspection

Thanks in advance.

I would be going Pre-slab, Frame (they will inspect the slab at this Point), Pre plaster and then a final inspection, its worth spending the money
to check that last box it took them 6 weeks or more then that.. I gave my Finance Approval on 22/05 and everything was finalised on 30/06 and my file moved to Construction. Looking at their work ethics what i was feeling like they only want to start the new job in new FY only. But that's fine now my construction starting TOMORROW and they have given me few dates about what they gonna do. SLAB POUR to be complete by 19th July..
I have selected John from South East Melbourne Building Inspections to do 4 stages which are:-
1) Slab
2) Frame
3) Lock and Fix
4) Final
zee1308
to check that last box it took them 6 weeks or more then that.. I gave my Finance Approval on 22/05 and everything was finalised on 30/06 and my file moved to Construction. Looking at their work ethics what i was feeling like they only want to start the new job in new FY only. But that's fine now my construction starting TOMORROW and they have given me few dates about what they gonna do. SLAB POUR to be complete by 19th July..

Thanks for that it seems to be taking ages for me as well! I think you are right that they held a lot of people back for the new financial year as in my estate so many henleys have started this week! We are hoping that we can have a start before the end of July, as we are just waiting for the finalisation of the ordering which should be done end of this week to mid next week, thats what I am hoping for anyway!
stayxtrue
zee1308

Thanks for that it seems to be taking ages for me as well! I think you are right that they held a lot of people back for the new financial year as in my estate so many henleys have started this week! We are hoping that we can have a start before the end of July, as we are just waiting for the finalisation of the ordering which should be done end of this week to mid next week, thats what I am hoping for anyway!

Good luck, have patience as nothing we can do. I utilized this time to add extra Linen in front passage and cut my Ensuite WIR this suggestion came from my partner. yeah this words end of next week or mid next week or couple of day i heard so many times from my admin who was Chantxxle.

Have patience that what i can say. your time will come..
::wink::
Grey Polished Porcelain is only for Ensuite and Bathroom, for Tiles outside wet area i chose Neo Indi Light Grey Gloss 450*450
D.Sao-Mafiti
WOW that shower size:x] we have the same tiles "grey polished porcelain" are you using this for bathroom only?
re inspection stages, I would highly recommend pre-pour inspection, I didn't and my slab is uneven in a lot of places pointed out by Darbecca. You might want to consider pre-plaster as well if budget allows.
Hi Everyone I am really new to this and I am needing someones help! We are building the Henley Monaco 26 and they have just done our soil test and recommended a H2+ slab. What does this mean?

Site cut and Drainage- Completed

I have only just found your thread I like the changes you have made to the plan. I had so much trouble choosing between the Monaco Q2, Vienna Q3 and Cascade Q2. So hard to find something that worked for my small block.

Love your colour selections, looking forward to seeing it all come together. I think we have the same carpet, mine will be getting installed in a few weeks and hopefully handover by the end of August.

cant decide
I have only just found your thread I like the changes you have made to the plan. I had so much trouble choosing between the Monaco Q2, Vienna Q3 and Cascade Q2. So hard to find something that worked for my small block.

Love your colour selections, looking forward to seeing it all come together. I think we have the same carpet, mine will be getting installed in a few weeks and hopefully handover by the end of August.

oh nice.. i was watching first plans for eighthomes but then decided to go with Henley and i like this plan as you get lot of space in in living and family and your home looks but longer.

at what stage are you at right now.?
Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum