Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Demolish and rebuild on slight sloping corner block in Brisb

Page 1 of 1
Hi all

I'm new to this and would love your advice.

We have a post-war in Seven Hills on a lovely corner block (600sqm) that's pretty small and we need more space. Raising an option but to get rid of the asbestos internally and raise is SO expensive.

So we are thinking that for a bit more we should demolish and start new.

So here are my questions:
- does anyone know if there is flexibility in the setback from the corner? It's a big space we have to leave clear and restricts where we can build.
- equally has anyone had the setback from the front relaxed (so it's 4m instead of 6m?)
- which spec builders will build on a slope that might require a little digging out and some minor retaining walls (750cm dig out). Clarendon already said they would be unlikely to help us.

We need to stick to a budget of $400k for the demo, move out and rebuild and we can't build bottom of the range (because we don't want to!) and the area is really good so long term we need to make sure there is a nice house on the block.

I guess we could also build split level (double storey) if digging out is really expensive?

Right, would love any and all advice as we are first time builders!

Thanks!
Related
11/09/2023
Building a Duplex on Sloping Block in a flood planning area

Building A New House

Give Jonathan a call. Tell him you know me. He is in my opinion the best surveyor I have ever worked with. His number is 0425 285 622 All the best Simeon

22/11/2023
Volume Builder Recommendations - Sloping block - Melbourne.

Building A New House

i did click it, still couldnt make it out rofl. in any case, doesnt look like too extreme a slope, you may be in luck. Just shoot out some emails to volume builders in…

2/04/2024
Any feedback on Mojo builds on sloping sites and in Thornton

Building A New House

Hi, We are looking for a builder that can build a small home (smaller length) on a sloping site. We came across Mojo's Zephyr design 10.6 m wide and 11.5 m length. Does…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum