Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

House size vs council regulations

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
We have been looking at various houses for a little while and finally both my husband and I agreed on one we both really liked.

We just got it quoted out and all good until I see the land coverage - which I didn't see until we got home. Our local council website says 50% (city of Kingston - VIC). Our house is coming in at 53%.

Has anyone has to deal with getting a larger house approved by council? Do I have any hope of keeping my current house design?

Thanks in advance.
We got through a house well over 50%, in fact about 60%,
Our Draftsman along with her architect husband got it through by showing other houses in area with each part of house, saying, here is a example of this part of house here, here is this bit here, and finding other houses who had gone over, no matter what size they were.

Related
13/04/2024
Regulations for shower over bath

General Discussion

You need to reference the manufactures installation guide, your supplier may have strengthened the base where it is not required to sit on a bed.

6/07/2023
Cumberland Council (NSW) setback requirements

Building A New House

This was on google. Development controls 2.3.1 Front setback D1 New buildings within residential areas shall adhere to a front building line, which is 5.5-6m to the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum