Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Question about waffle pod slab

Page 1 of 1
Hi just a couple of questions about these, does the soil get built up so there's no step down or do you need a step?
We are having a verandah 1.5 m wide around the side and front of the house, what happens to the slope away from the slab, does it start at the verandah, which is concrete? Or from the slab edge, I am a bit worried as it looks like the ground slopes towards the house where the verandah will cover. Does the builder normally grade it away at the end of the build?

Hubby says don't worry they know what they are doing, but I read this forum and know that in not always the case.

I can already see water ponding against slab edge and that is not good. Builder should already have taken care of surface drainage by having levels grading away from slab and into open drains draining away from the site.
Thanks, the site supervisor is meeting us next wed on site so will ask him when is this happening. I thought that they would have graded it away from the house when they did the block. On the contract it says, no landscaping to be done, to me this is not landscaping.
Same as the soil they dumped at the front of the block that makes up the cliff at the front of the house, its a 2 m drop and if you walk on the soil,it sinks down, they never compressed it or anything, just tipped it over the side,would you class that as landscaping?
Cheers
Related
15/12/2023
Getting home built - Is H1 class waffle pod slab ok?

Building A New House

The Soil classification has little to do with piers. The purpose of the classing of the soil is to identify the clay content and the "average expected range of movement…

12/06/2023
Concrete slab formwork - what happens after?

General Discussion

The concreter will take and reuse. In my case I bought structural LVLs and scraped them back and used them as joists.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum