Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Emporio 43 with henley

Page 1 of 3
Hi guys.
Looking to build Emporio 43 with Henly in SE Melbourne. Still in quotation stage.
is anyone else building with them for similar house. how is your quote/FSC/Upgrades?
Are they good with construction/customer service/ warranties ?
Thanks
Sumit
Just an update, We signed the quote so it means we are locked with Henley now.
Visit their Cosham yesterday for Information Session. Lots of things to choose and decide but most of the good stuff is EC* ( Extra Cost).
Everything is too expensive. Not sure what to choose and how much budget should set aside for upgrades. Confusion....
Update- We have been assigned with Admin from Henley office and given Color/Tender Appointment dates
and they are not very close... Too much backlog with Henley.

Colour Appointment - 9/08/2017
Tender Appointment - 27/09/2017
bhutani.sumit
Update- We have been assigned with Admin from Henley office and given Color/Tender Appointment dates

We got in just before it got crazy! We were so lucky to have gotten our appointments when we did!! It will go quicker than you think

Met our SS yesterday and he was telling us that they all having Sales meeting today in HO and hiring new staff to cover up the backlog. He might push our Admin to bring appointments earlier. Hope that might work in our favour. But I am not too keen as our land hasn't been titled yet which seems to be happening by end of Aug.
Got a Txt from developer to get ready with Finances as they are going to lodge for Titles within a couple of weeks and settlement within 4 weeks roughly.
Seems Mid Aug will be the time for settlement.
bhutani.sumit
Got a Txt from developer to get ready with Finances as they are going to lodge for Titles within a couple of weeks and settlement within 4 weeks roughly.
Seems Mid Aug will be the time for settlement.

Thats excellent news! We are just waiting for the Admin stage to finalise so we can be moved to construction.

So you already have a SS asigned to your job?
No, we haven't done our Color/Tender/Electrical appointment yet. Each appointment is 1 month apart. Don't think so that we will be in construction stage before the end of Nov this year.
the land will be settled by end of July and 4 months wait till we start our construction.. Can't do anything.. have to wait...
bhutani.sumit
No, we haven't done our Color/Tender/Electrical appointment yet. Each appointment is 1 month apart. Don't think so that we will be in construction stage before the end of Nov this year.
the land will be settled by end of July and 4 months wait till we start our construction.. Can't do anything.. have to wait...

Yea thats definitely not an easy thing to have to wait for! We were lucky to have all of our appointments and signed contracts on the day we titled but still having to deal with delays as we seem to be waiting for additional ordering but do have our building permits.
bhutani.sumit

Great news ! We have tender on 25/9 ... 2 days before you ...
I think we had colour on the same day. didn't we?
I saw ur topic on FB group as well.
bhutani.sumit
I think we had colour on the same day. didn't we?
I saw ur topic on FB group as well.

Oh ok

The electrical appointment was done & dusted.
Spent $6k with all the provisions only.
Now waiting for Energy Rating & Building permit.
I reckon 4-6 weeks to start the build but who knows ???
bhutani.sumit

Ours took 12 weeks! But that is due to our Design Approval Board taking 3 weeks to reject our plans and then we needed to re-submit them! So I would say that around 4-6 weeks is a safe bet
stayxtrue
bhutani.sumit

Ours took 12 weeks! But that is due to our Design Approval Board taking 3 weeks to reject our plans and then we needed to re-submit them! So I would say that around 4-6 weeks is a safe bet

I hope. it doesn't take that long. If all goes well, At the min, i am looking the first week of Dec. Worst case, build won't be starting before 15 Jan but I won't mind though.
bhutani.sumit
I hope. it doesn't take that long. If all goes well, At the min, i am looking the first week of Dec. Worst case, build won't be starting before 15 Jan but I won't mind though.

If it was me I would love my slab to be laid before hand and then it would have time to cure over the break! I feel like our SS is trying to get us in before christmas, but we arent in a hurry
stayxtrue
bhutani.sumit

If it was me I would love my slab to be laid before hand and then it would have time to cure over the break! I feel like our SS is trying to get us in before christmas, but we arent in a hurry

I wish but then I will be asking for too much from Henley. Everyone knows how slow they are but they are ready to give surprises to everyone. Either good one or bad one.
Another Happy day.

Developer Approval is done.

Finance Approval sorted out.

Now waiting for Council /Building Permit along with Energy ratings

Then we will be in the construction stage.

Still looking 4-6 weeks to start.
So finally Building Permit has been received and moreover, Our Lot has been removed from BAL. Looks like some credit back.
But will check if I can add Sarking / Antipode to the roof.

Hope Energy report will come soon too. Paid around 4k extra as a provision.

Not sure about Peg Survey cost $880 will be a credit if they find all pegs are in place as they put an in the tender as provision?
bhutani.sumit
So finally Building Permit has been received and moreover, Our Lot has been removed from BAL. Looks like some credit back.
But will check if I can add Sarking / Antipode to the roof.

Hope Energy report will come soon too. Paid around 4k extra as a provision.

Not sure about Peg Survey cost $880 will be a credit if they find all pegs are in place as they put an in the tender as provision?

pegs are easy to locate - go and have look yourself - one will be just near your driveway to the left with your lot lot on it - then just follow your width and similarly length - they are not something you can easily pull and throw away - in the hope your neighbours build hasn't started - I have my fence put up, site cut done - and the pegs are still sitting neat and tidy. I think if you are going with colourbond - you will need sarking plus whirly bird - all up should be around $2300/2500 mark I think
Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum