Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Themes of your house!

Page 1 of 1
When you are starting to get your ideas together for your house how do you do it!!!
We really liked and were going to go Scandi / Industrial and then there it was on the show!!! Now we are not sure, and my partner has now thrown in Resort style!!

For a quick poll and please state your reason...
Scandi / Industrial

OR

Resort

thank you

Ughhhh I just want to click my fingers and it be done!!
Hamptons glam girl here sorry.

Well, that's beautiful too!!
I like Scandi industrial. Before it was on the show it was what I wanted anyway but I didn't know how to describe it. We have also decided not to "theme" too much, because it just drives us crazy so we are going more with things we love rather than a theme.

haha - The show has ruined it for me!! But yes I agree we are using the word "theme" loosely and just trying to incorporate the styles....
Not really going for a theme myself, I like the sort of classic hamptons, provincial style.. but I also like modern beach style XDD

I'm just focusing on what I like instead.. minimalist, light colours, natural textures...

Both styles you've picked are nice. Maybe try to find some furniture pieces for each style and see what you like more?
Roseleigh_Custom
When you are starting to get your ideas together for your house how do you do it!!!
We really liked and were going to go Scandi / Industrial and then there it was on the show!!! Now we are not sure, and my partner has now thrown in Resort style!!

For a quick poll and please state your reason...
Scandi / Industrial

OR

Resort

thank you

Ughhhh I just want to click my fingers and it be done!!

We are going for the Hamptons theme ourselves.

Out of the two you are tossing up I would definitely choose Scandi/Industrial over resort.

I think resort looks good in the right setting but hard to make it work well for residential. Also I think resort requires a very clever landscape design to match otherwise it looks only half done.

Good luck deciding.

- View my blog at www.waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.com
Related
13/05/2024
Building a boundary house - up against neighbours house

Building A New House

Good on you for having a go I am the opposite of DIY (so will pay a builder) - our vibe is industrial/simple so current thinking is 150mm concrete and then internally is…

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

25/09/2023
Using your builders Broker

Home Finance

Broker here - legislation says that every true broker must put the clients best interests before theirs so in theory they must offer you the best options for you on their…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum