Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building/built with Pantha Homes ?

Page 1 of 1
Hi All. New to this great forum. I've searched the posts re a family owned builder called Pantha and I could only find one post. After looking for a builder for sometime, large and small, we are curious about Pantha Homes. About 12 yrs in the building industry. Now being a smaller builder has its pros and cons. I was wondering if anyone here can share their exprience building with them. Appreciate any feedback.
Did you end up building with them? I'm guess it was our thread you found. We have sold now and are looking for more land and will likely build with them again
alymei
Did you end up building with them? I'm guess it was our thread you found. We have sold now and are looking for more land and will likely build with them again

No. We ended up going with another builder.
Don’t waste your time, we are currently building with them and it’s the worst mistake we ever made. Customer service is an absolute disgrace. Build is meant to be at practical completion next week and we are not even close to it. They have not met one single date that they have stated.
They didn't make PC for a second time seriously consider your options before choosing Pantha Homes
Sam358gav
They didn't make PC for a second time seriously consider your options before choosing Pantha Homes

We had exactly the same experience except Pantha missed practical
Completion 6 times before they handed over!
Ensure you submit your claim for liquidated damages within 28days of practical completion.

Check thoroughly for defects and omissions as we have loads. Pantha have gone very quiet. They keep saying they will come and rectify the issues but then they never turn up.

Make sure you get a building inspector to check the work and then double check yourself. We haven’t even been given our building certificates nearly 3 months after we moved in.

We have submitted a complaint to QBCC and are awaiting a building inspector to be allocated.

We echo your thoughts in staying away from this “building” company.
We had a terrible experience with Pantha Homes. They missed practical completion by months and failed to communicate why or when the home would be finished which meant we had to cancel rental leases twice. Extremely unresponsive during the build with multiple administration errors. Now they are even more unresponsive as we try to get a very long list of defects rectified. Based on our experience I can only recommend to avoid using them.
Did Pantha Homes give you fixed price contracts?
NeilV

Do not build with this company. We had the worst experience. I’ve done numerous building projects and this company is the WORST I have ever felt with. Avoid them.
NeilV

Why are you asking? They are in liquidation
NeilV

Hope you didn't give them any money for Preparation of Plans (PPA)
If you did it's gone, builders insurance doesn't cover PPA
Furthermore the government should clamp down on these insolvent builders with cash flow problems
Offering discounts , free upgrades, unrealistic prices ...whatever
If your builders business is down 50%+ be very wary
Business slumped from $13.6m in 2020 to just $4.1m
KylieAF
NeilV

Do not build with this company. We had the worst experience. I’ve done numerous building projects and this company is the WORST I have ever felt with. Avoid them.

Thank you very much for responding, I am not building with them.
alymei
NeilV

Why are you asking? They are in liquidation

Yes, that is correct, it's all over the news – they are in liquidation. I was just after statistical data for my university paper on state of collapsing builders.
StructuralBIMGuy
NeilV

Furthermore the government should clamp down on these insolvent builders with cash flow problems

No money was given on my part, but this is great insight, especially the drop in $. Thank you.
NeilV
StructuralBIMGuy
NeilV

No money was given on my part, but this is great insight, especially the drop in $. Thank you.

i think this is the more relevant point in regards to Pantha

https://publishednotices.asic.gov.au/br ... 8b412f9c08
Related
23/04/2024
Omaxe homes - Melbourne - anyone built with them?

Building A New House

I haven’t. But have a Lowe Design home. Not only did I find Matt Lowe patronising and a bully, but the home is NOT TO CODE. I have water coming through the bricks…

15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

21/11/2023
Has anyone built a home with Masterpiece Builders?

Building A New House

Hi All, we are starting to think of building with Masterpiece Builders in Victoria, has anyone had any feedback or experience with them

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum