Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Glendale 34 Springlake

Page 1 of 4
Hi All,

I have been following so many amazing builds, and finally we are starting our own.After many delays (18months) we are finally seeing movement.

We originally tried to fit the Glendale 42 on our block but due to the slope in the front of our block had to modify.

Anyway fast forward to November 2016, we finally settled our land.

Now End April 2017, everyone is ready to GO!

Springlake's beauty is what attracted us to the Adelaide Hills. It wasn't even on our radar till we visited.

Our site works are starting with the arrival of fencing and the all mighty blue loo

Springlake Estate Lake:

Metricon has been great throughout our journey so far. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Timeline
December 2016:
-Land settlement
January 207:
-Engineers reports and retaining/compacting certificate received
April 2017:
Counsil Approval and Plans ordered
-3 May 2017:
Slab laid
-6 June 2017
Structural steel erected
-8 June 2017
Framing starts
-20-23June 2017
Second story framing starts/completed
Doors and windows arrive
-28 June 2017
Roof trusses completed
-10 July 2017
Roofing installed
-13 July 2017
Upper story windows installed / bricking cancelled due to severe storms and our lot looking like a swimming pool.
-3-21 August 2017
Bricking starts/completed/cladding installed
4 September 2017
-Rendering starts, first fix electrical completed, air conditioning ducts completed.

We wanted open space and lots of light. That's why the wall where the study use to be was removed in addition to extra big windows & the light colours on our walls.

Structural changes include
Earthworks and footings
Additional piers:allowance for pool
Removal of wall lower level
Ceiling height downstairs to 2700
Ceiling height upstairs to 2550
Raised garage door height to 2550
Solar allowance in roof trusses
8 Star energy rating
Sarking
Fireproofing entire house

Cosmetic changes
Upgraded all windows to awnings
Increase door heights
Infinity Front door
Alum slide/stack doors 2395x6120
Victorian Ash Cantilevered part open/part closed staircase with glass panels and Vic Ash handrails
All Kitchen/Bath/Laundry BenchesStone (Pure White & Oyster)
All cabinetry in Silk Wrap and Honey Elm colour scheme
2x Electrolux 60cm pyro ovens
90cm Electrolux cooktop
90cm Scweigen undermount rangehood
Wall mounted taps and spouts
Floor to ceiling tiles in all wet areas
Electrical : (including Krix surround sound)
Additional outdoor gas and cold/hot water
Additional 3phase power for outdoors
Boral linear cornice (square set)
20kw Daiken ducted unit with 2 controllers

All bedroom wardrobes
Walk-in fitout
Window coverings
Cat 3 carpet to upper level
Downstairs timber flooring under doors and skirting

Our facade Chateau : the bottom is still undecided as to if we will render or not

Rear of house with our gigantic 6m doors (husband would not let them go)

Downstairs floor plan

Upstairs floor plan

House on the block

Colour scheme

Our Tile selections through National Tiles Adelaide : We selected a white tile for all walls, the ensuite gets to have a beautiful embossed tile (colour: duck egg) as a feature on the shower wall. All flooring tiles are the same colour a concrete looking Calcutta.

Our Flooring, with Staircase colour and the upstairs carpet.

Our Outdoor colour selections. All neutral tones

My inspiration for the Kitchen colors

Looking forward to seeing your build. Don't think you will miss the rumpus after removing the wall to family room and study.

When will they lay your slab?

NabeelC | Metricon Merricks 38 | Queensland
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=86276
Today our slab went down. Yay to progress. I can finally see the size of our yards, well what's left of it

eliszia
Today our slab went down. Yay to progress. I can finally see the size of our yards, well what's left of it

Wow just saw saw your supersized door
can't wait to see that when it's done
endless entertaining that side
awesome seeing slab

Emmz70
eliszia

awesome seeing slab

We were so excited to see this today. I'll keep updating on the progress fingers crossed it turns out the way it looks in my head

eliszia
Emmz70
eliszia

awesome seeing slab

We were so excited to see this today. I'll keep updating on the progress fingers crossed it turns out the way it looks in my head

No stopping you now. Awesome another M start

Ah awesome, another Springlake build!
Looking forward to following your build
HFBMPC
Ah awesome, another Springlake build!
Looking forward to following your build

I'm looking forward to seeing you start too! Its been great seeing the estate coming alive.

Congratulations. Full steam ahead now

Metricon Metro 32 KDRB Bayside Melbourne
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84012
Ooh another Springlake-r! Your big doors look like ours (though we dropped down to four stacker not six given it was over 5k difference!). Looking forward to see your gorgeous build! I love the duck egg tile.
JM1911A1
Ooh another Springlake-r! Your big doors look like ours (though we dropped down to four stacker not six given it was over 5k difference!). Looking forward to see your gorgeous build! I love the duck egg tile.

I like you was happy with the 4 stacker doors. But husby wanted the biggest doors he could fit *sigh*

Looking forward to you starting your thread!

eliszia
JM1911A1

I like you was happy with the 4 stacker doors. But husby wanted the biggest doors he could fit *sigh*

Looking forward to you starting your thread!

My threads up but not really moving yet - still in the valuation/council stages!
After the longest month in history. They have finally started doing something. Our structural steel went up just over a week ago.

Last night we had a call from our SM, telling us that framing will start today. Curious, we went and had a quick look
. Very happy to finally see something.

What sucks is that we live about 800m from our new place, everything seems slow when you see it almost daily. Finally full steam ahead!!

Metricon Glendale 34 Modified
Congrats! Looking forward to your next update as the framing goes up. Our council approval is just pending on a few last minute changes on our end (ready to rubber stamp it!) so we'll be about 2-3 months behind you.
Thanks! I'm very happy to finally see movement. Not long now, you must be getting excited, hopefully council approval comes through soon. We had a few changes after it was approved first time around, it took them about a week to re-approve.

Are you also in Stage 2 Brookside?

The pre-build part of waiting for the paperwork is by far the worst so far! We're getting excited for sure - should move onto build stage early next month by our tracker, our CRC has said that she could get council approval right now except we let her know we wanted to do a few quick tweaks so is just waiting to send it through to them so we don't need to get re-approval.

We are in Stage 2 Brookside! Good to catch another Brookside side - I believe there's another one posting, and a few over in Parkside 2.
Ooo it all gets exciting now!! Seeing all your ideas and planning come to fruition!

We're also in Springlake, building the Rossdale Flaxley (modified) and should have the keys within 4 weeks!

Double glazing throughout : $1100

90cm Scweigen undermount rangehood

Victorian Ash Cantilevered part open/part closed staircase with glass panels and Vic Ash handrails :$ 26000

Hi eliszia

Those two are great addons. Does the rangehood have the external motor?

Surprised on the cost of double glazing throughout. Was expecting a much higher bill.
You have really expensive taste on staircase. Do you have any pic for the staircase? Staircase is one of the biggest statement for a house. you are going to have a amazing one.
JM1911A1
The pre-build part of waiting for the paperwork is by far the worst so far! We're getting excited for sure - should move onto build stage early next month by our tracker, our CRC has said that she could get council approval right now except we let her know we wanted to do a few quick tweaks so is just waiting to send it through to them so we don't need to get re-approval.

We are in Stage 2 Brookside! Good to catch another Brookside side - I believe there's another one posting, and a few over in Parkside 2.

You are almost there, once this wait is over it gets more exciting every time you see progress. Good luck and looking forward to all the pictures

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum