Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon - Savannah 40 - Adelaide Athelstone

Page 1 of 5
Hi everyone,
Have spent the last 24 months deciding on a builder and house.
We have a 570sqm block in Athelstone foothills 19m x 30m.

13/08/16 DEPOSIT $1,500.00 1st plan chosen.
01/08/17 DEPOSIT $3,000.00 3rd different house plan, prelim estimate.
12/12/17 Selections started.
27/03/18 Selections finished.
29/06/18 DEPOSIT $5,000.00 Contract signed.
01/07/18 Demolition Approval.
31/07/18 Building Rules Consent.

Building with Metricon in Adelaide SA.
House modified Savannah 40 now 45 squares.

Upgrade to Designer Spec.
More Love Promotion Send 20k get 40k.

$75,000 site costs.
5 Bedroom 3.5 bath.
Deakin Facade.
Garage width extended.
Render Facade. 5k
Double Glazing. 10k
Upgraded stairs. 6k
Upgraded stone 8k.
Joinery throughout. 18k
Reverse Cycle Air. 18k
Carpet. 11k
Timber flooring. 9k
Demolition. 10k
Hebel to second storey. 4.5k.
2700mm Ground floor ceiling. 3.7k
2700mm First floor ceiling. 5.5k
Bath added to master ensuite. 2k
Guest Bed and ensuite added to ground floor. 10k
600 eaves throughout. 2k
Down lights throughout. 9k
Outdoor room extended by 1mx1m. 4k.
Rear family room extended by 1m. 4k.
CFS Rainwater tank. 4k
Extend kitchen and add butlers pantry.
Add second hot water system.
R6 to ceiling. 2k
Outdoor room as main slab. 3.5k
3 x Sliding stacker doors to outdoor/family/dining rooms. 6k.
Increased size/ changed style to most windows.

FINAL PLANS:

Hi craigo

Looks like an awesome plan, definitely following your thread!

Those site costs are crazy! Is it a hilly block?
Interesting; I asked for hebel for the second story and was told it wasnt possible...
blackcat20
Interesting; I asked for hebel for the second story and was told it wasnt possible...

It's definitely possible blackcat, our whole house is going to be hebel!

I had a couple of instances where I was told something couldn't be done (i.e. under stair storage and kitchen island bench overhang to 300mm) but ended up getting it once I pushed back.
elieassi1992
blackcat20

I had a couple of instances where I was told something couldn't be done (i.e. under stair storage and kitchen island bench overhang to 300mm) but ended up getting it once I pushed back.

We had the promo for full hebel but I really wanted the look of brick downstairs so I ditched it. Was hoping to change the cheap cladding upstairs to hebel but they said no. Everything else I've asked for has been done no issues.
blackcat20
elieassi1992
blackcat20

We had the promo for full hebel but I really wanted the look of brick downstairs so I ditched it. Was hoping to change the cheap cladding upstairs to hebel but they said no. Everything else I've asked for has been done no issues.

Yeah i'm trying to see if we can change some of the bottom facade to brick to break it up abit but I doubt they'll let us!

Ah well, can't win them all.

Deakin Facade on Display in Officer VIC.

New Update.
Waiting on Plans/Elevations to be redrawn.
Deakin Facade on display in Officer VIC.

New main changes include:

House modified Savannah 40 now 45 squares.

Upgrade to Designer Spec. 35k.
More Love Promotion Send 20k get 40k.

$75,000 site costs.
5 Bedroom 3.5 bath.
New Deakin Facade.
Garage extended by 600mm.
Outdoor room extended by 1mx1m. 4k.
Rear family room extended by 1m. 4k.

Hebel to second storey. 4.5k.
3000mm Ground floor ceiling. 20k
2700mm First floor ceiling. 5.5k
Bath added to master ensuite. 2k
Guest Bed and ensuite added to ground floor. 10k
Fireplace. 10k
600 eaves throughout.
Down lights throughout.
R6 to ceiling.
Outdoor room as main slab. 3.5k
Viridian Smart Glass. 5k.
3 x Sliding stacker doors to outdoor/family/dining rooms. 4k.
Increased size/ changed style to most windows.
Nice, I love the new facade!
dulie
Nice, I love the new facade!

Thanks Dulie, I have loved following the build of your amazing home.
Plans are back!

Contract signing coming up soon.

Looks good craigo! That's an interesting spot for the fireplace, did they recommend it goes there or did you nominate that spot?
elieassi1992
Looks good craigo! That's an interesting spot for the fireplace, did they recommend it goes there or did you nominate that spot?

Thanks! We nominated that spot as we wanted it centrally located in the room. Only other option was right at the end of the house.
craigo
elieassi1992

Thanks! We nominated that spot as we wanted it centrally located in the room. Only other option was right at the end of the house.

It's going to look awesome! Can't wait to see it built
elieassi1992
craigo
elieassi1992

It's going to look awesome! Can't wait to see it built

We think so too and cant wait!
Nice! Love the Savannah layout, we copied a few things from it's layout into our home. Awesome guest bedroom setup you've made down stairs.
dulie
Nice! Love the Savannah layout, we copied a few things from it's layout into our home. Awesome guest bedroom setup you've made down stairs.

Oh I've just noticed you did too! The rear of upstairs! Awesome. We copied your master ensuite layout when we added a bath to the ensuite. The ground entry is also similar to yours as well. We added the niches to match.

We are loving all your custom cabinetry updates. Wish we had your contact here in SA.
What a stunning house and plan
craigo
Oh I've just noticed you did too! The rear of upstairs! Awesome. We copied your master ensuite layout when we added a bath to the ensuite. The ground entry is also similar to yours as well. We added the niches to match.

We are loving all your custom cabinetry updates. Wish we had your contact here in SA.

hehe yeah so many similarities. Wish I could share them with you, seems like good trades at a fair price is a hard to come by these days.

PS. You should add a signature to your build, it'll help others find your thread.
dulie
craigo

hehe yeah so many similarities. Wish I could share them with you, seems like good trades at a fair price is a hard to come by these days.

PS. You should add a signature to your build, it'll help others find your thread.

How do i add a signature?
Related
24/12/2023
Garage builder, Adelaide

General Discussion

Building a new home, and looking for a garage builder (home builder not contracted to do this). Someone to build steel garage (double), colorbond, including supply and…

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum