Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

GJ Gardner Montville- First home build- QLD

Page 1 of 2
Hi All
We are currently in the process of waiting for council approval to start out build. We are planning to build the Montville 462. We have had to make some adjustments due to covenant requirements which resulted in having no external access from our laundry but in general the plans are the same. It is annoying but not much we can do. At the moment we are just hoping the colour selections are okay. We have gone for the following:
Roof, gutters, fascia- colourbond surfmist
Walls- resene truffle
linear board- colour bond basalt
garage door- colour bond basalt
and merbau clear stain for wood features.

Just wondering if anyone has built this house before? Also feel like it is taking forever for council (now up to about 3 months since we put in but have had to apply for a relaxation so hopefully it will be through soon).
any feed back on colour selection would be great.

Thanks

http://www.gjgardner.com.au/bundaberg-h ... 18576.aspx

We have swapped anything that has stacker stone on the walls to linear board and the front entrance is merbau beams
We have designed our kitchen and hoping colour selection is okay. Going polar white silk laminate cupboards, lustrous elm nuance finish for island surround and infinity arabella tempest splashback. Hoping the splash back isnt too blue.. it doesnt look it in the pictures but in real life it looks a little blue to me..

backsplash tiles above
kitchen is similar to this but all cupboards are white only surround is lustrous elm
floor tiles
Kitchen layout

Pantry layout
I will be following along as I love acreage designs your choices are lovely and I like your plan so big! Were are you building there is a few GJGardner builds on here. Goodluck with it all

Coral homes Modified Stradbroke locked out
Thanks so much. We are building Gold Coast North. Hopefully wont be too much longer and build will start
We finally have building approval! Now just to wait for slab..apparently this will start within 10 working days

Below are some pictures of the colour selection

External colours- main facade

linear board and garage door colours

Roof

Window frames- white on white

Timber surrounds and entrance

Double front doors
external floor tiles

This is the only picture I could post of the facade... we have changed it a bit... the main entrance where there is stacker stone will be merbau timber posts and on either side of the entrance on the walls where there is stacker stone this will be linear board. The garage has also been moved back due to covenant restrictions.

cabinet colour above (just linea licorice and the stone bench top there is no polar white in this room)

Main bathroom colour selection

Feature wall

Main walls

Floor tile
Ahh this is my favourite GJ plan

Love love love all of your selection

Following along, can't wait to see your build come to life

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
Oh I love the montville! I think I would've gone this way if we had a wide enough frontage!

So we have made some modifications regarding internal colour scheme. We had original planned to have the internal walls painted white exchange half with skirting etc painted plan white with plans to do feature walls later ourselves. We subsequently found out that the cost of feature was was so much cheaper than we thought! and the cost to change to that would be cheaper than us even supplying the paint let alone our terrible painting skills so we have decided to let the experts go ahead and do some feature walls for us

The colours we have chosen basically is a carbon copy of a GJ display home that I looked up online. We didnt visit the display as its miles from where we live so I am hoping that the internal photos/walk through is accurate.

We are going with Dulux white exchange half for most internal walls with feature walls comprising Dulux Namadji and Dulux Ashlite.
Here is a link to the display home with these as their feature walls.

http://www.gjgardner.com.au/tweed-heads ... 0-495.aspx
I've been through that display home, it's quite gorgeous!!! If I hadn't already chosen the Coolum I would have built the beachmere, I loved it

We want feature walls but never even thought to ask because we thought it would cost the earth, going to ask the painter how much to paint our media for us in a feature colour. We are thinking either domino or western myall
I am not sure how each franchise charges but we have put in a lot of feature walls and have only been charged for a 'change of paint colour' for each colour we wanted to change which is hardly anything in the grand scheme of things. Like you I also thought it would cost the earth... I think if you did it later it would cost a lot but since they are painting it anyway i think its just to change the colour pots maybe?.. good luck and see how you go!

What did you think of the dark feature walls and bedrooms in the beachmere? I hope it looks as nice in real life as the internet haha
I thought they were absolutely gorgeous!!! I told hubby I'd like feature walls in every room but he thinks that excessive lol

I suppose the fee to change Colour pots makes sense, I wish I thought of it earlier
Hi Eirrac, How is your build going ?? Looking at building the Montville 462 also
Hey, have you moved in yet? We are loving the montville 325
Hi Eirrac
We are also looking at building a Montville.
How did you go?
All finished, how did you find the process?
Thnaks Grant

eirrac
Hi All
We are currently in the process of waiting for council approval to start out build. We are planning to build the Montville 462. We have had to make some adjustments due to covenant requirements which resulted in having no external access from our laundry but in general the plans are the same. It is annoying but not much we can do. At the moment we are just hoping the colour selections are okay. We have gone for the following:
Roof, gutters, fascia- colourbond surfmist
Walls- resene truffle
linear board- colour bond basalt
garage door- colour bond basalt
and merbau clear stain for wood features.

Just wondering if anyone has built this house before? Also feel like it is taking forever for council (now up to about 3 months since we put in but have had to apply for a relaxation so hopefully it will be through soon).
any feed back on colour selection would be great.

Thanks

http://www.gjgardner.com.au/bundaberg-h ... 18576.aspx

We have swapped anything that has stacker stone on the walls to linear board and the front entrance is merbau beams
Related
11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

16/06/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Sadly no movement on site since soak wells went in. There are also missing/wrong storm water drains which need to be sorted, along with a broken pipe. Plumbing has been…

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum