Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes - Modified Longreach 33 in QLD

Page 1 of 26
Hi all,

Like many here, we have been long time lurkers, enjoyed reading everyone's experiences and picked up a lot of useful information - thanks to all.

We purchased a 3000m2 block of land 18 months ago and have had an interesting path choosing our home settling on the Longreach and like many have experienced frustrations during the admin stage.

After what feels like forever, we got a build start date of 13th March and progress has been fast
13th & 14th - Site Cut & Fill
  • 15th - Piering
  • 16th - Plumbing and electrical
  • 17th & 18th - slab prep
  • 21st - Slab Poured
  • [li]Pics to follow and please bear with us as we get used to posting
    [/li]
    Ok, need some help here with uploading pics. Have setup a photobucket account and copy the image location but nothing shows up - any ideas?
    em-n-craig
    Ok, need some help here with uploading pics. Have setup a photobucket account and copy the image location but nothing shows up - any ideas?

How exciting! We are almost ready to build the cloncurry (heavily modified plan). To upload pics, click on full editor at the bottom and then click upload photos. It is way easier that using photobucket.

Where are you building?
    Welcome

If you have tap talk, it is very easy to upload photos.

Love to see your floor plan and the modifications you've made to your plan

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
    viewtopic.php?t=83643
    Tamara1975
    em-n-craig

How exciting! We are almost ready to build the cloncurry (heavily modified plan). To upload pics, click on full editor at the bottom and then click upload photos. It is way easier that using photobucket.

Where are you building?

Yeah very exciting hey, have just figured out it's my crappy work laptop not allowing me to up load pics.
    I click on the 'insert an image' button and have to link to a URL, not sure why you can't upload from the PC but hey ho.
    Building in upper Caboolture and will be looking forward to seeing your progress also.
    Pics to follow
    charlibear
    Welcome

If you have tap talk, it is very easy to upload photos.

Love to see your floor plan and the modifications you've made to your plan

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Thanks charlibear, will look into that

Pics are coming
    The land

Original Floor plan

Our floor plan

As you can see, a lot of changes, consisting of:
    Been a traveling with work the last couple of week and haven't had a chance to post, here are pics to date:

13th March - Site cut:

15th March -Piering:

16th March - Plumbing, electrical & HSTP:

17th & 18th March - Slab prep:

21st March - Slab pour:

We have a slab!!

Framing 27th - 31st March:
    Found tradies working at 4.30 on a Friday afternoon!!

Roof, gutters & facia 3rd - 7th April:

Really pleased with progress to date, all tradies have been friendly and site supervisor is fantastic.
    Your build is flying along! Love your floor plan and beautiful block! Have you chosen colours?

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
    forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
    em-n-craig
    Been a traveling with work the last couple of week and haven't had a chance to post, here are pics to date:

13th March - Site cut:

15th March -Piering:

21st March - Slab pour:

We have a slab!!

Really pleased with progress to date, all tradies have been friendly and site supervisor is fantastic.

How exciting!! It is all happening really fast. Please post regularly. I need to live vicariously until ours starts! Lol
    Wow, your build is happening lightning fast!! Definitely got to be happy with that progress

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
    Bridgetwitch
    Your build is flying along! Love your floor plan and beautiful block! Have you chosen colours?

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
    forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210

Yes it is going up so fast, thanks we made a lot of changes with the floor plan (my wife has the patience of a saint)

Colours below
    External:
    Bricks - PGH Emerald with off white mortar
    Roof, gutter & windows - Surfmist
    Facia - Wallaby

Flooring:
    Main floor and wet area - Heartwood white 300x600

Carpet - Oak Stipple (Silver Range) Ignore the tile, we wanted this in 600x600 but Coral wanted $4.5K to lay it for a ceramic tile??????
    Love your floor plan. It's happening so quick. We tried to make the longreach work but I kept making it look like the Stradbroke so I just went with it but I love how the alfresco is to the side.

Coral homes Modified Stradbroke locked out
    Bathroom and Ensuite:
    Tiles - Heartwood Walnut as feature walls & baths. Space stone gloss to remaining walls (having tiles full wall height)
    Cabinets - Lustrous Elm
    Benchtop - Osprey

Shower niche & behind Ensuite taps - Stonewash
    Laundry cabinet and benchtop
    Tamara1975
    em-n-craig

13th March - Site cut:

15th March -Piering:

21st March - Slab pour:

We have a slab!!

How exciting!! It is all happening really fast. Please post regularly. I need to live vicariously until ours starts! Lol

Haha yes all going nicely at the moment, will try and keep up with regular posting and know what you mean, we were doing that for a long time.
    charlibear
    Wow, your build is happening lightning fast!! Definitely got to be happy with that progress

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643

Yes we are really happy with how quick the build is happening, wish they were this quick at the admin stage, we would have been in months ago
    Related
    2/11/2023
    Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
    Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

5/09/2023
    QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

You are here
    Building ForumBuilding A New House
    Home
    Pros
    Forum