Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Daydream 30(Coral) OR Retreat Q1 (Plantation) ?

Page 1 of 1
Hi There,

Land Settled (600sqm with 20m Front - 30m Length)

Brisbane - Oxley

We have been to so many display home over the last few weekends.

Quotes for Both Builders comes very close (Plantaion is approx $10k expensive)

We are so confuse with Daydream 30(Coral) OR Retreat Q1 (Plantation) ?

We have tried to look for a floor plan with other builder which are wider and shorter lenght but not had great sucess with it.

We really want to lock builder in next week or 2 but cant make decesion as every builder has different promotion & inclusions.

Please help us out - need your tips? Thanks heaps in advance

Cheers,
Vik
We nearly went with plantation but found them very rude at Ormeau so flagged them. Corals paperwork process takes ages and I mean ages. We started our process with them in August. We got a fixed price contract a few weeks before Xmas and our build is due to start April. Every tender letter we got took at least a week to arrive. We did all our homework before ordering our fixed price contract and still we have muck ups and stuff around. The QLD builds have much more positive feedback than nSW. We wouldn't build again already so I would recommend doing your homework on everything before you order your contract so you aren't adding on $$$ during your tile and colour appointments. Clipsal is a major rip off when it comes to your electrical stuff. We are building a Daydream 30

Check out the coral homes general thread

vikushivu
Hi There,

Land Settled (600sqm with 20m Front - 30m Length)

Brisbane - Oxley

We have been to so many display home over the last few weekends.

Quotes for Both Builders comes very close (Plantaion is approx $10k expensive)

We are so confuse with Daydream 30(Coral) OR Retreat Q1 (Plantation) ?

We have tried to look for a floor plan with other builder which are wider and shorter lenght but not had great sucess with it.

We really want to lock builder in next week or 2 but cant make decesion as every builder has different promotion & inclusions.

Please help us out - need your tips? Thanks heaps in advance

Cheers,
Vik

Nice size block you have VIK. That helps heaps with choosing your house plan.

This forum is fantastic. It will give you great ideas for your build and a lot of advice/recommendations. I have read heaps of threads on here and I must say a majority are Coral builds and varied experiences for each of those builds. There are also Plantation builds which seem mixed also. Everyone has different expectations in regards to sales consultants, processing of documents etc. trades and finished product.
The best I can say is to not rush in deciding on a builder. Do your homework. Get the price from both builders (without paying any deposits) making sure you are comparing apples with apples. Also don't fall for the sales spill of "get in now before the price rise". This process is not much different from buying a car when it comes to some builders. Also not all promotions are worth the $$$$$. Starting with standard inclusions and adding what you want can be a benefit to some. Good luck with finding the right builder. Look forward to reading your thread.
Thank You Guys for the advise.

I am spending good amount of time these days to read about building experience with different builders but still hard to decide as its very mixed reviews.

Let see how i go. I will keep posted my progress.

Cheers,
Vik
I think you will hear good and bad about every builder. We are building with Coral and have had a fairly positive experience. I think all the steps in the building process take longer than most people hope they will as everyone is keen to see their house come to life. Decide which floor plan you love and if you can afford it go for it
Good luck!

Related
31/12/2023
Backyard retreat or Granny Flat?

Renovation + Home Improvement

I think I know the answer but just checking to see if anyone has had experience with it. I want to build a small 20 square metre retreat in my backyard, it will have a…

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum