Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Engineering Report and Contour Survey

Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

I am hoping someone can help us. We paid a deposit through one builder and had our engineering reports and site surveys done, but then due to personal circumstances we could not continue with the build. Fast forward 2 years and we are now about to sign a contract with a new builder. My question is... can we use the engineers reports and site surveys from the previous builder? Are they only valid for a certain time period?

Many thanks!
I think the engineering report represents your own land. New builder can use the same report and survey data as long as the land has changed level. of course, the builder will base on the information you provided to start the design and construction.

Would you mind to let me know which company you selected? And how much did it cost?
Abbey27
It depends did you pay for them?
If so they are yours to use..No They don't expire
abbey27
Hi there,

I am hoping someone can help us. We paid a deposit through one builder and had our engineering reports and site surveys done, but then due to personal circumstances we could not continue with the build. Fast forward 2 years and we are now about to sign a contract with a new builder. My question is... can we use the engineers reports and site surveys from the previous builder? Are they only valid for a certain time period?

Many thanks!

Not sure if they expire but we started with one builder as you did and got our surveys. The new builder used them to given us a much more educated plan/tender ie site costs etc. we still had to get another one with the new builder though.
Salfield
.....we still had to get another one with the new builder though.

You could have used the previous contour make sure he doesn't use that one and charge you for a new one he didn't get
If it is a volume builder they will use their preferred soil/engineer and you will have to pay again
Related
29/03/2024
Contour and indentifying survey cost - brisbane

General Discussion

Give "Holt Surveying" they are based around Eight Mile Plains

4/08/2023
Floor Joist direction given by Structural Engineering

Owner Builder Forum

Assuming you've modelled the TB8, TB10, TB12, TB2 & J1 joists/LVLs there, it appears as per drawing to me. There maybe should be an additional J1 between TB10 and T12 if…

14/08/2023
Concerns about strengh of Engineering Floor Joists

Owner Builder Forum

Thanks for all replies. I just noticed now the pictures I added to post right on top of page were wrong. I attached pictures showing "current" and my "suggested" floor…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum