Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Firstyle

Page 1 of 1
Hello,
We are in the initial stages of planning for a build with Firstyle and noticed there are heaps of other "building with..." threads but none for Firstyle.
I must say it feels a bit lonely so far.
We've done the multiple visits to the display village (an hour away!) and have just recently narrowed down our choices from a list of 4 options.
The reason we took to Firstyle is that nothing seems to be a problem, they are happy to fit in with what we want, they are happy to work around any surprises, and they seem to be all about keeping the customer happy rather than looking at how much they can profit.
Some of the other companies said they weren't interested in helping us. I guess that's what you get with the 'bigger' guys.
Would love to hear feedback from others going through Firstyle.

Rockgod
Hey mate,

We're building a house and land package with FS at Edmondson Park, very excited. Our site looks be starting very soon, start date of March 21 but looks to be some progress happening with the site being cut etc.

We've been pretty happy with FS and how things have gone so far, it has been a little slow going at times but seem to be moving along now. We're on a smaller block in comparison to a lot of others so hopefully helps with construction timeframes.

How are things going for you? Where are you building?
We're building in the Hornsby area, doing a KDR.

We've had the soil tests done and the surveyors have been out, I guess the next stage is waiting on the tender.
Hi, i am also building with FS at edmondson park. CDC has been lodged on 2nd March 2017 and been advised it will take around 6 weeks and then after another 4 weeks to start construction.

How long does take for you ??
Hello all
Can i have some feedback about ur experience? Anybody building Braemont from firstyle? All reviews r old. Thanks in advance

We are currently building with FS. We have been building for 6 months now (since slab was laid) and we are not yet at lock up. The last three weeks definitely haven't helped and of course nobody can control the weather but we have been frustrated by the ongoing delays and lack of service from our Construction Coordinator who it appears is unable to effectively or efficiently communication between our Site Supervisor (who is great) and us. We had great experiences until it came to the point of dealing with this particular person. From there all information is back to front and upside down. A comment was even made that she hoped our Site Supervisor had the right plans after an error was picked up by us! At this point we decided to invest in an independent building inspector. As much as we think our Site Supervisor is great, she unfortunately has made us lose all faith
That sounds terrible RTS,

Who is your Construction Coordinator at Firstyle?

Our slab was laid recently and we'll be moving to the next stage shortly but what you've described is quite worrying
Don't want to name and shame her publically but not the main Construction person! Everyone else we have dealt with have been great and professional but this one just appears to be a law unto herself!
hi we are building a branson 32 sq at riverstone we are waiting for our drawings to come back and council approval we paid our 15400 still haven't seen much progress yet let you know in a few weeks how we go
Related
24/07/2023
Firstyle Tile Selection

General Discussion

Hi Kaiser85, We are building with Firstyle Homes. Our build has just started, slab pour is on Saturday (hopefully!). Their standard range is pretty good. We did our…

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum