Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Summit Bunbury

Page 1 of 4
Building a house with Summit in Bunbury and it is a full on Joke. Months behind. Will post pictures soon
will be back later to put the full story on. Will try to put an url for photobucket so you can see pictures or read on how to do them from computer. thanx
Hi healeycole, mind putting a review on my site? im really interested in WA builders
Hi Yamster. Have left a review for you even though the house is not actually completed yet but then with this place we are building our opinion will certainly not change for the better
[img=http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6452/dsci0020tc1.th.jpg]
Okay. Think i have the hang of this now.
Will try not to go overboard on the photos but it will make it easier for people to see what we are talking about.
[img=http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/6466/coldwatertapinlaundryue7.th.jpg]
Classic case of trying to fit the round tap in the square hole.

We are having a meeting at the house today at 12.00. This time with both the site supervisor and the top man at Summit Bunbury. We have emailed photos to the general manager in Perth so we think that has done some good in making them more aware of how unhappy we are. The next step is the Builders Registration Board.

Have been looking at some of the posts on here about independant house inspectors and we are going to give one a call and see if it is too late to have an independant report done. Hopefully it is not and we will see what else is defective or wrong.

it should not have come to this and it is a shame we did not have the internet when we first started on building as we could have come to sites like this and learned all about what not too do and more importantly what to have done in regards to building.

Will update later after meeting
Can I assume Summit Bunbury are the same as Summit across all of Western Australia?
Hi Best Builder. Yes i think they are the same builder all over Western Australia
Lots of progress yesterday the first of December.the insulation has gone in, the rangehood is in, the cornice is about to be finished off. the electrics have been done and the power is on. So that leaves the tiles in ensuite, laundry to be replaced, sliding door wall to be done,painting finished off .concrete drive laid. carpets and wood floors to be put in,curtains to be installed and then we can move in.
At this rate they may make the Xmas deadline
We are feeling a lot happier now.
There was one amusing incident yesterday that had me pmsl. i tested all the power points and the one in the ensuite is a power switch instead of a power point. oh well it was good to be able to see the funny side of it.
We are moving a few limestone blocks so they are out of the way of the driveway and painting a few of the rooms today. Will keep updating
Do you think it's a case of lots of building drama through the process but the end product is likely to be something you are happy with? Had a review saying the Pre-Start was difficult with Summit but it all got sorted in the end. But as mentioned perhaps the Perth based building process is not quite the same as the Bunbury experience?
Hi Best Builder. Okay in our case the pre start went quite well. we were happy with everything and left them to get on with the job as we knew of the problems with the "BOOM" in bulding. The slab was down for months and nothing else happened until Dec 05. We signed the contract on the 1st of april 05. When i went into the office to see them the sales staff and the then manager were under the impression that we were at roof stage.... Okay...... i asked them if we were building two houses with them. the site supervisor had "misled" them about a few of the houses that he was in charge of. We only had a few interior walls up at this stage. Things degenerated from there with a walkout by some of the bunbury staff and new brooms brought in. Not that it did any good as the house was not going to go any faster than it was already The bricklayer had 3 weeks off over Xmas and put in the wrong door which was ignored by everyone right from the day it was put in and I asked him not to install it. No one at Summit believed me when I said it was the wrong door maybe they thoought I would Just accept it and go away (The original dor frame was damaged and they somehow had a larger one delivered to replace it, had it been smaller it would not have mattered). So I dont know if at the end of the day whether the house will be okay as it is taking a lot out of us. We were at the stage where we wanted to sell the dam thing as nothing seemed to be going right and we could see no way of getting the builders to listen to us. We will have to wait and see. Does it not seem strange to you that they could get all that work done in 1 day and it would normaly have been weeks
I'm a bit confused Healeycole - when did you start building ?
Best Builder, I am going to try and put in the link for my photobucket where these photos are stored and then maybe you can see for yourself what we have been going through. Unfortunately we did not get the digital camers until february of 06 so a lot of months are missing but I was there every day and the house four blocks down from ours was started months after ours and is at the same stage. We did not want to have to go this far EG: posting pictures all over the internet, getting forms from the BRB, going to the head office we would have preffered to have sorted it out with the bunbury office but after a while you get sick of the ****** and all the crap
The url to my photobucket did not work. Maybe I have to stay signed in. Can any one help as there is 171 photos in there if any one is interested in seeing them
We signed the contract on the 1st of April 2005 and the slab went down about six weeks later The brickwork commenced in December 2005. Sorry if I am confusing I am trying to get all of this right for you so you understand
That's OK Healeycole. You had your years mixed up a bit in your posts that was all.
I'm still a bit perplexed. If you signed the contract in April 2005 was there not a completion time as part of the contract.?
Yes there was a completion date it was 250 working days. So with weekends and public holidays and such it should have been 12 months. They started hitting us with inclement weather clauses. We did not have many wet days and the roof was put in place on the 06/06/06.The photos show a beautiful sunny day They also hit us with a lack of tradies clause. Other summit homes started after our are finished.A lot of the other homes around us were built by other builders and were started months after ours and the people have been living in them for months The main problem is the quality of the home it is looking more like a renovation than a brand new home and to be honest we are embarrassed by it
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum