Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First time building a home - Wisdom Homes

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice on a house and land package we are looking at. Its advertised as "fixed price". We are a young family so don't need any bells or whistles, but nervous that it is going to be "ugly" by just taking the base options of floors/tiles/carpets etc. Are there show rooms to look at these things before signing anything?
Is there anything extra they will sting us for given whats listed as inclusions below or is the price they have given us for this package the final amount ($800k) if we dont adjust anything thats standard? (Our absolute max budget is $820)

Grange 24

4 Bed 2 Bath Double Garage Site

Area: 300sqm Home Size: 226.35sqm

✓Wisdom Homes Luxury Essentials Package/Wisdom Homes

2016 Wise Choice Promotion

✓Site Cost Allowance Included

✓BASIX package including rainwater tank, roof sarking and

wall and ceiling insulation.

✓Remote controlled Garage Door Reverse cycle Air

conditioning

✓Bristle prestige range flat profile roof tiles/colorbond roof

✓Ceramic tiles to Porch, Entry, Foyer, Kitchen, Dining, Leisure

and Outdoor Leisure area.

✓Choice of timber look flooring instead.

✓Wool Blend Carpet to balance of home (excluding wet

areas)

✓Decorative cornices to ground floor living areas, master suite

& ensuite

✓Taubmans 3 coat paint system

✓40mm Caesarstone to Kitchen and Bathroom Vanities

✓Glass splashback/feature window to Kitchen

✓Security alarm system

✓ILVE 900mm freestanding cooker and Rangehood

✓ILVE dishwasher

✓Designer vitreous china toilet suites with soft close seats

✓Designer tapware and mixer sets throughout

✓Free-standing Bath in Lieu of Standard Bath

✓Translucent Laminated glazing to all bathroom windows

✓Extra Upgrades: !!!

✓2.59m Ceiling height to the ground floor.

✓Hume Savoy 2340x1200mm front entry Door including

Any advice would be so greatful, thanks !
You can check out all the flooring and tile options at Di Lorenzo in Castle Hill. If you ask to see the Wisdom range they will show you. It sounds like it would be the standard $25/m2 range.

There is quite an active Wisdom homes thread here you can ask questions in too.

We are building with them but it's not land and house so I can't comment on extra costs.

Wow, thanks Jenifermarie, I will go and check out their range at Di Lorenzo Castle Hill

All the best with your build !!!
Help me with below post
viewtopic.php?t=87534&f=31&p=1699831#p1699831

I need to know if we have missed any details in washington 32

There has been 2 fronts where we are clueless
Kitchen upgrades: Adding extra cupboards , or generally what all upgrades we would need for kitchen?
Stars upgrade: We want wooden instead of carpet, but the most basic, so what would be the price , any idea?

Looking forward to guidance.
TIA
Has anyone build washington 32 and have a blog link to it. I really want to see some washington 32 blogs .Kindly help.
We're building washington 32 but no blog. I don't have time for it unfortunately as i work full time.
Kvav27
Has anyone build washington 32 and have a blog link to it. I really want to see some washington 32 blogs .Kindly help.

We're building washington 32 but no blog. I don't have time for it unfortunately as i work full time. Search in google there's few washington 32 there that you can find.
jess_123
Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice on a house and land package we are looking at. Its advertised as "fixed price". We are a young family so don't need any bells or whistles, but nervous that it is going to be "ugly" by just taking the base options of floors/tiles/carpets etc. Are there show rooms to look at these things before signing anything?
Is there anything extra they will sting us for given whats listed as inclusions below or is the price they have given us for this package the final amount ($800k) if we dont adjust anything thats standard? (Our absolute max budget is $820)

Grange 24

4 Bed 2 Bath Double Garage Site

Area: 300sqm Home Size: 226.35sqm

✓Wisdom Homes Luxury Essentials Package/Wisdom Homes

2016 Wise Choice Promotion

✓Site Cost Allowance Included

✓BASIX package including rainwater tank, roof sarking and

wall and ceiling insulation.

✓Remote controlled Garage Door Reverse cycle Air

conditioning

✓Bristle prestige range flat profile roof tiles/colorbond roof

✓Ceramic tiles to Porch, Entry, Foyer, Kitchen, Dining, Leisure

and Outdoor Leisure area.

✓Choice of timber look flooring instead.

✓Wool Blend Carpet to balance of home (excluding wet

areas)

✓Decorative cornices to ground floor living areas, master suite

& ensuite

✓Taubmans 3 coat paint system

✓40mm Caesarstone to Kitchen and Bathroom Vanities

✓Glass splashback/feature window to Kitchen

✓Security alarm system

✓ILVE 900mm freestanding cooker and Rangehood

✓ILVE dishwasher

✓Designer vitreous china toilet suites with soft close seats

✓Designer tapware and mixer sets throughout

✓Free-standing Bath in Lieu of Standard Bath

✓Translucent Laminated glazing to all bathroom windows

✓Extra Upgrades: !!!

✓2.59m Ceiling height to the ground floor.

✓Hume Savoy 2340x1200mm front entry Door including

Any advice would be so greatful, thanks !

Hi jess_123,

How is your build going with the Grange 24? We are building the Washington 26 which is a very similar floor plan. And like you, our house and land package base price is around 800k. After getting the Sales Estimate with all the upgrades, it came to $820k which is also our absolute maximum! So we are pretty much on the same boat as you!

Since this post was in February 2017, was wondering how you were coming along with your build? And what your progress was? Hope it is all going well!

Wisdom Homes have a Promotion called Live Boldly, which is pretty similar to the Wise Choice Promotion.

Cheers
Arlyn
jess_123. just bumping up this thread and wondering how you are going with you build?
Never build with Wisdom Homes. They forfeited all my deposit amount after bank refused to agree on their payment plan. Initially they told me it's a matter between bank and wisdom homes and they kept trying with bank for almost 4 months and then given up. Bank said that there is no issue with my loan approvals and they were ready to accept the same payment plan from other builders but not from the Wisdom homes.

Wisdom homes also refused to change their payment plan and just to receive 5% extra money in stage 2 instead of stage 3, they wasted my 6 months and lots of money.

Had a very bad experience with wisdom home and will never recommend this builder to anyone.
Which Bank you went to?
I went with St Geoge as my land loan was with them.
Yeah St George won’t approve W’s payment schedule. Their payment schedule isn’t unusual though. You could have refinanced through a different bank.

Most of the time builders are ready to change their payment plans according to the banks. However, Wisdom home has refused to do so at the end of process. If a builder is that much rigid to to change their payment plan then they are definitely not customer friendly. Because of their attitude I lost thousands of $$. After this incident I lost the confidence on Wisom Homes and switched to other builder.
We have done our contract with Wisdom for Washington 32. Soon will have color appointment. I wanted to know if anyone has an idea about upgrade option & charges for :
1. stain instead of color on internal doors
2. stain instead of color on entrance door
3. timber like or timber window frames
Related
30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

6/10/2023
First time building.

General Discussion

Can anyone give me any onfo on New Homes WA? Good or bad, hopefully good just need to know if my choice was good or not? Thanks ❤️

29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum