Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Henley Reserve Ivory 32 (Mainvue Homes) - Our first build

Page 1 of 4
Hi,

I am a long time lurker and read lots of threads, got some help through PMs to some members.

Starting my own blog so we can document the progress and another reason is that there are not many Mainvue/Henley threads here anymore, most are just posting in facebook.

We will be building in Mickleham, VIC, house of choice is the Ivory 436.

Anyway we just had our Tender appointment today.

Timeline:

First Deposit - 28/09/2016
Second Deposit - 27/10/2016
Cosham information session - 15/10/2016
Colours Appointment - 05/12/2016
Tender - 13/01/2017
Contract - 10/03/2017
Land settled - 04/07/2017

Site start - 21/08/2017
Slab done - 20/09/17
Frame started - 26/09/17

Follow our build on instagram @henley_ivory32
colour selections:

Congrats on your build!

I really liked the Ivory as well and the standard inclusions that Mainvue offered but the Ivory wasn't on display so we ultimately decided on something else by another builder.
Mrs_W
Congrats on your build!

I really liked the Ivory as well and the standard inclusions that Mainvue offered but the Ivory wasn't on display so we ultimately decided on something else by another builder.

Thanks!

Yeah it is a pity that they don't have an Ivory on display. I was lucky that a member here kindly let us have a look at their built ivory, that helped us a lot!

Which builder did you go with? And where abouts are you building?

Oh that was lucky! I didn't even think to ask. We're building with Bentley Homes in Bacchus Marsh. I've just updated my signature to include a link to my build thread.
Mrs_W
Oh that was lucky! I didn't even think to ask. We're building with Bentley Homes in Bacchus Marsh. I've just updated my signature to include a link to my build thread.

Oh wow! I can't see a link, doesn't tapatalk recognise the links in signature?

I'll be following along mate. Not long til titles now
p.s. huge house, amazing colour selections and love the floor plan of the ivory.
andyboiii
p.s. huge house, amazing colour selections and love the floor plan of the ivory.

Thanks! Hopefully the colours we've chosen will work out well! And fingers crossed land titles in march!

Isn't your house bigger???

Nice colour selections. I'm changing my flooring to Van Gough, it's what I originally decided on but let them talk me into Venice. Have emailed my admin to change a few things, definitely living up to my name.

Posting to follow.

cant decide
Nice colour selections. I'm changing my flooring to Van Gough, it's what I originally decided on but let them talk me into Venice. Have emailed my admin to change a few things, definitely living up to my name.

Posting to follow.

Thanks!

What was their reason to steer you to choose venice?

When and where are you building?

I'm not too sure why they pushed the Venice, I think it's too yellow, the Van Gough feels warmer. I'm really happy with most of my choices except timber laminate and the woodwork over my garage and alfresco. Your colours are pretty similar to mine.

I'm not too far from you I'm building in Laurimar(Doreen), my land will title in the next few weeks, got my tender/contract on the 25th of Jan so I'm hoping for a late March site start.

Did you have the flooring promo? If you did what was the cost to upgrade to the Van Gough?

cant decide
I'm not too sure why they pushed the Venice, I think it's too yellow, the Van Gough feels warmer. I'm really happy with most of my choices except timber laminate and the woodwork over my garage and alfresco. Your colours are pretty similar to mine.

I'm not too far from you I'm building in Laurimar(Doreen), my land will title in the next few weeks, got my tender/contract on the 25th of Jan so I'm hoping for a late March site start.

Did you have the flooring promo? If you did what was the cost to upgrade to the Van Gough?

I think the van gogh is a good choice, saw some photos in the fb page.

Oh lucky you! You'll have your land very soon! Was there are a reason why you doing tender and contract only now? We wanted to do everything now so when land titles, we'll be ready to move along with the building.

We didn't get any flooring promo, mainvue's promo when we signed was double glazing, heating and led lights. We were slapped with the full price of cat 2a.. ouch!

I was originally going to build with Fairhaven, they were great but I couldn't quite get the plan to work for my block, I wasted a bit of time.

I was also a bit scared of signing a contract and then my land title being delayed and then being hit with extra costs, developers are usually very optimistic with their timeframes.

I only signed my sales contract 28/11/16, Henley have been very good and fast trackedme through the admin process. So far the admin process has been great but I'm a bit concerned about having tender/contract appt on the same day. I will probably sign tender on the day if I'm and take the contract home and go through it with a fine tooth comb.

That's a great promo, it will save you $$$ in the long term.

cant decide
I was originally going to build with Fairhaven, they were great but I couldn't quite get the plan to work for my block, I wasted a bit of time.

I was also a bit scared of signing a contract and then my land title being delayed and then being hit with extra costs, developers are usually very optimistic with their timeframes.

I only signed my sales contract 28/11/16, Henley have been very good and fast trackedme through the admin process. So far the admin process has been great but I'm a bit concerned about having tender/contract appt on the same day. I will probably sign tender on the day if I'm and take the contract home and go through it with a fine tooth comb.

That's a great promo, it will save you $$$ in the long term.

Ahh makes sense! It's good that henley fast tracked you so you can start building when your land titles.

Yes you can sign the tender but deffinitely take the contract home, can't have anymore changes once you sign the contract!

Good luck with your building project.

Barry
barrydean
Good luck with your building project.

Barry

Thanks! Hopefully it will be a quick and stress free build!

Good luck with your build! My husband and I are also looking to build in Mickleham, but every time the estates release a new lot of blocks they sell out the first day! Hoping to purchase in Waratah or Merrifield
Humphrey29
Good luck with your build! My husband and I are also looking to build in Mickleham, but every time the estates release a new lot of blocks they sell out the first day! Hoping to purchase in Waratah or Merrifield

Haha! Did you ask them to add you in their mailing list so that you'll know when they are getting released? You can also look at cloverton and kallo just up the road!

Libby aka saint girl, hope you can read this but for some reason I couldn't send you a PM I have been trying for the past few months but just couldn't
Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum