Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building our first home in Baldivis - Blueprint Build

Page 1 of 2
Hello everyone!

I have been following a few threads and decided to create my own.

My partner and I are so excited to be building our very first home! We have just signed over our PPA agreement with Blueprint Homes and we are building in Baldivis (Tuart Ridge). We settled on our land on the 6th of Jan 2017 and are now waiting for our builders contracts to be finalised.

Below is a picture of our first plan. Any recommendations or suggestions along the way would be great!!!

Hope you enjoy following our build.

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah291/kayleighy/plan_zpsbpobmyxr.jpg

Starting looking for land 1/10/16
Signed the offer and acceptance for the land with the Real Estate 10/11/16
Paid land deposit 11/11/16
PPA signed with Blueprint 30/11/16
Paid House Deposit 2/12/16
Land Settlement 6/01/17
Signed Builders Contracts 23/01/17
Clipsal meeting 23/01/17
Intelligent Homes Meeting 23/01/17
Prestart completed 17/02/17
Final plans and Docs Received and Signed 21/03/17
Building Permit received 22/03/17
File to Scheduling 15/08/17
Scheduling Completed 5/09/17
File to Construction 13/09/17
Welcome to the forum!! How exciting, love your plan
The plan looks great! Really liking the look of the big kitchen and how you've managed to keep the AV room away from the family room.
Thanks Jess!! I have been following your build!! Looks great! And coming along so quick
How exciting!

Thanks SilentBoB, love our big kitchen also!
Love the floor plan. So big! 😍
tdk14
Love the floor plan. So big! 😍

Is it really that big? A few people have been saying that haha. We did get a 544sqm block so we wanted to at least put a decent house on it
My boyfriend wanted a "family' house lol
Thought about extending the al fresco to the end of bed 4, and then maybe an outdoor built in bbq along that wall?
Welcome to the forum, your plans look great!
fademan
Thought about extending the al fresco to the end of bed 4, and then maybe an outdoor built in bbq along that wall?

would love to! We did think of that, would completely blow our budget thou. Could always build a patio at a later stage?
Exciting!!!

I did have one thought of an option, the end of your bedrooms hallway next to the family room doorway is a bit of wasted space... you could turn it into a built in cupboard (possibly by shifting the doorway slightly), u can never have too much storage IMO!
Hi Kayleighy,

Your house plan is looking good. How about changing the door to the store so that you access it from the garage?
Just got our plans! YAY. Booked in for Monday morning to sign our building contracts! - Still a few things we need to amend on the plans at Prestart.

- Front window in Bed 1 is being raised 4c
- broom cupboard and pantry needs to be swapped around (so the broom cupboard is nearer to the laundry) - dont know why they didn't do that in the first place.. makes sense? Also re sizing the broom cupboard to 400mm wide with he pantry at 1.2m
- Also thinking of moving family/alfresco wall in 500mm so gives more width in the Alfresco. As this is a structural change now and we will be charged $250.
- Removing the carpet from the store.
- Adding cupboards to underneath the benchtop in Pantry.

We are also currently going through colours and prestart upgrades.. As we have a lot already included in our contract makes it not so expensive when upgrading at prestart. Still a few extra things we want thou. (ie, Upgrade shower head, upgrade internal door handles, kitchen mixer, stone bench) But not a whole lot so works out good.

Also got our meetings with Intelligent Homes & Clipsal on Monday. Any feedback, reccomendations or pricing on this would be fantastic! Helps us get prepared.

Thannnksss! Happy building!

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah291/kayleighy/Capture_zpsew3xpslu.jpg

Hi Kay,

Love your plan... very spacious family and meals area... love how the WIR is in between the ensuite and MB...

If you going to use the Audio/visual room as a dedicated theatre room, I would consider changing the slider into a door...

I wouldn't move the family wall in, the gap between the island bench and wall will be small and that will make the whole space feel small.. however I would consider extending bed 4 in-line with family wall...

Is there a side access door from laundry?

Looking forward to follow your journey

Wish you the best!!!
Your plan looks great! Love the storage and pantry space and big robes throughout. And a 17x32 block is excellent - I'm on 15x30 and it feels a bit pokey, but oh well - 3m down the side is a great idea for landscaping, moving furniture as well as parking a trailer/boat down the track if needed.

As someone else mentioned above, there's 500mm in the bottom of the hallway which is kind of dead space - but perhaps you have plans for that? Could always add a customer cupboard of some sort later on if your budget is maxed out.

Congrats to you both, look forward to following your build!
RegVic
Hi Kay,

Love your plan... very spacious family and meals area... love how the WIR is in between the ensuite and MB...

If you going to use the Audio/visual room as a dedicated theatre room, I would consider changing the slider into a door...

I wouldn't move the family wall in, the gap between the island bench and wall will be small and that will make the whole space feel small.. however I would consider extending bed 4 in-line with family wall...

Is there a side access door from laundry?

Looking forward to follow your journey

Wish you the best!!!

Thankyou! As the family is already quite big that is why we thought bringing in the family wall 500mm to make the alfresco slightly wider. As we are outdoors people and frequently like to entertain a big yard/alfresco is a must.
Did not think of extended Bed 4? Might discuss with the boyfriend. Good Suggestion!
Yeh there is a side laundry door?

Cant wait for our journey to start really taking off now!
Imightbedave
Your plan looks great! Love the storage and pantry space and big robes throughout. And a 17x32 block is excellent - I'm on 15x30 and it feels a bit pokey, but oh well - 3m down the side is a great idea for landscaping, moving furniture as well as parking a trailer/boat down the track if needed.

As someone else mentioned above, there's 500mm in the bottom of the hallway which is kind of dead space - but perhaps you have plans for that? Could always add a customer cupboard of some sort later on if your budget is maxed out.

Congrats to you both, look forward to following your build!

Thank you! Love our pantry! Wanted something bigger then just a WIP, but not as big as a scullery so this is what we came up with
Gotta have big robes! (especially for me haha.)
Our block is 544sqm, and after weeks of hunting for a big block we came across this one on realeaste.com - Tooks ages but we wanted something big and these days everything is so small. The 3m side access was the boyfriends idea so he can drives cars, boats, trailer etc.. and build a shed there.

Someone did mention the 500mm in the bottom of the hallway.possibly might do something later.

Thanks and ill be having a sqiuz at your build too!
Kayleighy
Thankyou! As the family is already quite big that is why we thought bringing in the family wall 500mm to make the alfresco slightly wider. As we are outdoors people and frequently like to entertain a big yard/alfresco is a must.
Did not think of extended Bed 4? Might discuss with the boyfriend. Good Suggestion!
Yeh there is a side laundry door?

Cant wait for our journey to start really taking off now!

Hi Just noticed in the elevation plan that you will have slider in the laundry for side access (and looks small)....make sure you have enough room for access (at least to carry a laundry basket)...
The amended plans look great Kayleigh, I'd be getting comparative quotes to Intelligent Homes as we found their pricing excessive. We had them quote for network cabling, speaker cabling to the theatre, cabling for CCTV and an intercom system and it was over $11k. My husband is an electrician so he's now going to do most of the work himself and supply better quality equipment (particularly the intercom system) than Intelligent Homes were quoting for a substantial mark up. If you've got an unlimited budget it may be fine but for us $11k was a substantial expense when we could put those funds to better use.

Imightbedave
'm on 15x30 and it feels a bit pokey

Our block is only 12.62 x 30 so I don't know how you'd feel on that Dave

Related
30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

29/05/2024
Building First home

Building A New House

Cant give recommendations in general with that builder, but during the colour selection, this is honestly personal preference. Depends on the style you want. Do you want…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum