Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fairmont Build - Barossa Valley

Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone, my partner and I have been looking through all the different builds happening and thought we should share ours.

Building with Fairmont with a Modified Baxter.

Our block is 882sqm

the house total is just under 300sqm

Hopefully we will get our soil and completed master plans in the new year. as its been 3.5 weeks since we signed on.
Here is the base version and our edited version (final drawing not fully completed master plan)

this was the original "base" plan

and our edited version

Edits:
added in quite a few cavity sliding doors.
Bay window and full veranda to the front of the house.
Tiled Niches to both showers.
Bigger bath and shower in main bath.
Removed Family room and extended our alfresco fully down to garage.
bigger front door to 920.
removed robe in 2nd bedroom and inverted it so the space is now in the kitchen "idea is to have floor to ceiling cupboards with a bench top too for study etc"
we plan to change cloak room into a store room and have the no name room in between garage and kitchen as a little mud room.
Also put in a bi parting sliding door to alfresco. When opened its 1.8m. Its made up of 4 900cm pannels.
Great alterations to the original plans, I look forward to watching your build

Have you done selections yet?

Love the mud room idea - some plans here in WA have them and they're called Drop Zones so you can dump all your keys and stuff
Really like how you removed the separate family room and extended the alfresco.
Good luck!
Marshall5858
Great alterations to the original plans, I look forward to watching your build

Have you done selections yet?

Haven't done them yet, still waiting on the final master plans and soil reports.

ill post some of our ideas up on what we want to do soon too.
Here is some of the styles we want to go with.

In the kitchen we are looking to go marble look bench tops with a little bit of detail in the cabinetry.
Black Handles with Black mixer with chrome parts and potentially black sink price pending otherwise stay with chrome/stainless steel parts to match in with the fridge sink and also dishwasher.

Marble look laminate for the bench tops too. just gotta figure out which one either Laminex or Wilsonart.

Matte Black handles not sure what size yet probably 160mm.

Kitchen Mixer

Got a few ideas in the bathrooms.

Lovely inspo' pics, I look forward to seeing them come to life

No cellar? Surely living in the Barossa you'd need to have one of those!

House looks great. May I offer 2 suggestions for consideration?

1) If you can, try to get a bigger front door than 920. Make it easier to get furniture in and out. A lot of lounges these days need a door wider than 1m. Of course you could bring in thru the garage and back sliding door I guess.

2) the doors from kitchen to garage are different widths? one is 720 and the other 820(cavity). Perhaps make them both 820?

Cheers Nom

Newhaven 36 by M
Blog - North Shore Newhaven (http://nsnewhaven.blogspot.com.au)
Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85092
nomnomnom
No cellar? Surely living in the Barossa you'd need to have one of those!

House looks great. May I offer 2 suggestions for consideration?

1) If you can, try to get a bigger front door than 920. Make it easier to get furniture in and out. A lot of lounges these days need a door wider than 1m. Of course you could bring in thru the garage and back sliding door I guess.

2) the doors from kitchen to garage are different widths? one is 720 and the other 820(cavity). Perhaps make them both 820?

Cheers Nom

Newhaven 36 by M
Blog - North Shore Newhaven (http://nsnewhaven.blogspot.com.au)
Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85092

Yeah looking back now front door might have been better to go the biggest we could have but its not the end of the world luckily i work in a furniture workshop so i know how to move furniture. Still happy with 920 as moving furniture through an 820 door can be a pain sometimes.

Cause weve signed everything i dont really want to pay a charge to get things altered.

Im not too worried about the other 720 door can live with that but yeah theirs a few things we probably did miss but that's okay.

And haha yeah funny enough we dont really drink wine lol. 3 out of 4 of our parents have worked in winerys lol
Related
14/11/2023
NCC - Roof Valley - Does this comply?

Building A New House

thanks guys! yes this is how I've exactly raised it with the builder. still awaiting response.

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum