Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Glendale 45 Melbourne S.E.

Page 1 of 1
We have started the process of building with Metricon in Melbourne S.E. and we have settled on the standard Glendale 45. We have paid the initial deposit and we are scheduled for colour selection on 19th December. We are excited to join the Homeone Forum for our 2nd build (see our first build: quarterdeck26.blogspot.com/ - braveheart), hoping that everyone can provide suggestions and comments on our design and choices as we share the building experiences together. We are planning to be budget conscious and conservative 2nd time round to save costs. Here are some of the structural changes that we have made:

1. Upgrade ceiling height, 2740 ground and 2550 first floor with 2340 height doors throughout including wardrobe doors.
2. Add 2 feature windows to sitting room
3. Delete ensuite in master bedroom to make master bigger
4. Bedroom 2 turned into full ensuite with bath for master bedroom
5. WIR to bedroom 3
6. Stacker door to dinning area x 2, rumpus room x 2 – upgrade height to 2400 and increase width
7. Rebate stacker doors
8. Add water tap to fridge space
9. Move dishwasher to butler’s pantry and add sink, window splashback, full height pantry cupboards to back wall.
10. Extend Island bench to 3000 length 1350 width with ceasarstone 60mm (40mm to kitchen) mitred edge and waterfall to both ends.
Welcome on board, upgrades looking great. Bedroom converting to ensuite is an interesting modification. Can you please upload the plans.

Did you deal with Belinda at Clydevale by chance? We saw the display a few weeks ago and mentioned to her that we thought the master bedroom felt small, and she said she had a client who had recently converted bedroom 2 to an ensuite!

Thanks Oninon and gwenhwyfarcn. I will try and upload the plans once I figure out how to do it. I know Belinda but she is not the salesperson I dealt with, although I have spoken to her about the house. Yes, the master felt small to us too especially for a 45 square house, we figured a 4 bedroom home with bigger master is ok for us.
gwenhwyfarcn
Did you deal with Belinda at Clydevale by chance? We saw the display a few weeks ago and mentioned to her that we thought the master bedroom felt small, and she said she had a client who had recently converted bedroom 2 to an ensuite!

Just curious, are you referring to Belinda Jackson?!
PEARZ
Just curious, are you referring to Belunda Jackson?!

That's right!

Yes Belinda Jackson. She now works for Metricon (left Circa).
Here is what we are planning for our external colours/selections– what do you think? We are already second guessing ourselves and are worried we will change our mind later and be charged variation costs. Would anyone who is building with Metricon and knows the cost of upgrading roof tiles to Boral cat 2 and bricks to Cat 5 Selkirk Moonshadow for Glendale 45 advise?. Bricks will only be on ground level as first floor is render.
Roof Tile
Upgrade Cat 2
Boral classic profile (flat) gunmetal or charcoal or ebony – any ideas?

Gutters
Colorbond Night Sky or Monument

Fascia
Colorbond Dune

Downpipes
Colorbond Dune

Bricks
Selkirk Moonshadow

Mortar
Off White, rolled mortar joints

Aluminium Windows
Black (Satin)

Stacker doors
Black (Satin)
Upgrade thicker quality to Series 300
Rebate into slab

Garage Door
Colorbond Dune

Render
Dulux Dreyfus (P12B3)

Entrance Door
Hume Savoy XS26 or XS 28 1200 x 1240 (colour ?rich walnut ?Merbu) – any suggestions?
Guess what , the ceasaur stone prices have gone down a lot. For cat1 price now you get cat3 or 4

Thanks Oninon, any price reduction is good for us.
Following! Your upgrade list looks great!! Wish I'd put sink and dishwasher in butlers to hide mess but hubby didn't want to! He's not the one dealing with the mess though is he lol!!

To upload pics I find easiest way is through Tapatalk app on phone and then upload them straight from your device

kylz4 that is so funny and true but I am not that lucky, I have another sink on the island bench but hoping all the mess will be hidden in the pantry. Thanks for your suggestion re: uploading photos, I will try and see whether I can upload some.
Looking forward to seeing progress. Yes please post some pics!
How much Metricon charging for moving ensuite to BR2?

Hi BH17 which stone you have gone for island bench. Did you get pricing for the 60 mm edge?

Oninon, sorry for the delay in responding to your questions, was busy with work over the weekend and then had colour and electrical selection Monday and Tuesday, I will post details of selection soon. Changes to ensuite cost about $ 5,000 including cost of bath, extension to vanity and WIR. I was going to go for Cat 3 Nougat stone benchtop with 60mm on island but the upgrade cost was ridiculous - would have been an additional $7,000. I ended up going for ice snow 40 mm edge entire kitchen.
Definitely going to be following this thread. We are about to embark on our second build with Henley in the SE suburbs also. We know belinda and have considered getting a quote for a metricon, but we dont like their floor plans much, but its still on our radar
Thanks Stayxtrue, hope you find your perfect home soon.

We are finalising our colour selections, last day to make changes tomorrow. So many decisions to make, my head is spinning.
Done my tile selection today at Beaumont tiles, not having floor to ceiling tiles but my upgrade amount is $5800 for the powder room, laundry, bathroom and master ensuite, is this amount too expensive? Any opinions? I choose Belga Charcoal for the powder room, laundry and bathroom and concrete fuse lappato rectified for the master ensuite. I love the concrete fuse but it is so expensive.
following - looks like we may be going to build a 45 as well
B.H2017 yes your tile upgrade looks a little expensive. However, the reason could be the tiles you have chosen.

A friend of mine went for floor to ceiling , including square set cornices, to ensuite, bathroom and pdr room and upgraded to porcelain. Upgrade cost came to around $5.8k. Again it depends on the tiles chosen.

What tiles did you chose? can you post some pictures. How did you go with electricals?
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum