Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Colours are doing my head in

Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,

Our bricks are finally finished and gyprock will commence next week (fingers crossed).

I have been thinking about colours day and night. I just don't want to get it wrong.

We are having a neutral Taupe 600 x 600 lapparto tile right through the living areas.

Kitchen will be White cupboards with timber under the breakfast bar and the lower cupboards in the butlers pantry.(yet to choose our stair treads so will choose laminex to compliment.)
Ceaserstone Ocean Foam benchtops and splashback. Copper pendant lights.

We will be having a timber staircase. Above the stairs will be a big triple pendant in copper.

Bathrooms will be chacoal and white. Carpet is Slate.

Im looking for a warm neutral wall colour that will go with both my Taupe/Beige/Copper/ Wood and my Slate carpet and Bathrooms.

I have it down to Grey Pebble quarter and Christobel Quarter. I originally wanted Hogsbristle Quarter but everyone is using it and wanted something a little different.

I will have doors and trim in Lexington Quarter.

Have a look at my boards and tell me what you think. Advice and opinions appreciated.

Main tile does not look quite as grey in real life
The Christobel looks really pink on the page. Not sure if it is that way in real life, but it definitely seems to throw pink. Do you want that?
Of the two options, I would go the Pebble, maybe even dilute it a but more (1/8 strength instead of 1/4)?
Another option would be to keep it even more neutral and do Lexicon 1/2, or full strength, for the walls. I like your other selections though, I wouldn't worry too much.
TashPaul,

I agree it does look a little pink on the screen, and no, I dont want pink. I want a warmish tinge but not pink, and not yellow............I know I know..... its hard
I just want something with a little colour (not white as we had that in our last home)
Have you got any sample pots yet? Maybe get a couple, paint a piece of thick white cardboard (newsagents have it) with ceiling white, and then paint a few pieces with different variations of your options. You can then hold them up against each other, inside and outside (light changes them) - I did this and it really helped. Mind you, I ended up going with a slightly off white so can't recommend what we chose!!
We have solver kitty grey and love it. It's a warm Greige colour
I would go for the first option

PS. your selections looks amazing,so I wouldn't stress too much.
You want to go hogs bristle. Check it out at full strength and 1/2 strength.

Thanks for the replies.

I will be getting sample pots for sure, as it is the only true way to see what the colour looks like. I was just looking for people who may have used a greige colour and can point me in the right direction.

I had another look at Hogsbristle Craigasarous, and I just dont think it goes.

Zoe, I have looked online for a sample of Kitty Grey, but can not for the life of me find a swatch. Do you have one you can share, or maybe a pic of your beautiful colour?

Thanks again, I appreciate your help:-P
Went with Grey Pebble Half and its beautiful!
Know you are talking paint colours here, but tell you a story about your choice of Caesarstone. I renovated the kitchen in my old house about 4 years back now and had Ocean Foam installed. Then a week later went into a Macdonalds and noticed their tables, benches etc use Ocean Foam too.

Kind of turned me off it and drove me nuts for a while, but of course too late! Nougart or Ice Snow would have been better choices.

Food for thought.

PS have since built a new house and went Fresh Concrete. Completely different look of course, but steered away from the all too familiar!
Hey sorry just seen this! I adore my kitty grey, it is so soft and muted and kinda powdery. So so happy with it

Related
27/06/2023
Fixing a shower head height mistake

Bathrooms and Laundry

I'll look into different shower heads and ask the plumber about some engineering and see what he says. Thanks

23/07/2023
Low head water tank

General Discussion

If you can calculate the reasonable charged head from let's say 100mm below the gutter to the top of where the vertical riser's horizontal discharge pipe will be, that…

30/06/2023
The 'Do's' to Doing it Yourself

Renovation + Home Improvement

The DIY project can be broken into two major steps. Planning and Design and Construction. Both of these steps are as important as one another to ensure you give…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum