Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building a Daydream 32

Page 1 of 2
Hi

My hubby and I have a block of land under contract and are looking at building the Daydream 32.

I would love to chat to others who have built (or are building) this home to share ideas etc.

I am in the process of building one near Newcastle. Where are you building?

Gold Coast Hinterland

Where are you in the building process?

We are still negotiating all the extras and modifications. Hoping to lock in the final price soon.
Our benchtops went in today and we are in the middle of painting. Still have tiling and fit offs to do. Just met with as and unfortunately we won't be in for Christmas but probably mud to late Jan.

Wow you must be getting excited about moving.

Our land doesn't register for another 3 months so we will be lucky to get in before next Christmas.

What modifications did you include in the house?

These are our modifications:

- extend width of garage to allow for storage
- sliding doors to media room, games room and activity room
- delete the bath from the ensuite and put in a double shower
- add a shower recess in ensuite
- put a built in along the back wall of the games room
- put a door on the study
- extend bathroom and ensuite vanities to the floor
- add a bench in the laundry
- cold water connection for the fridge
- plumbing and gas for an outdoor kitchen

We are also hoping to include their ducted air-conditioning and colorbond roofing promotion.

The only thing I can't decide on is the facade. Not sure if I can justify $12000 for the Elliott portico. The only problem is I'm not sure if I like the standard design facade.
GCGirl
Wow you must be getting excited about moving.

Our land doesn't register for another 3 months so we will be lucky to get in before next Christmas.

What modifications did you include in the house?

These are our modifications:

- extend width of garage to allow for storage
- sliding doors to media room, games room and activity room
- delete the bath from the ensuite and put in a double shower
- add a shower recess in ensuite
- put a built in along the back wall of the games room
- put a door on the study
- extend bathroom and ensuite vanities to the floor
- add a bench in the laundry
- cold water connection for the fridge
- plumbing and gas for an outdoor kitchen

We are also hoping to include their ducted air-conditioning and colorbond roofing promotion.

The only thing I can't decide on is the facade. Not sure if I can justify $12000 for the Elliott portico. The only problem is I'm not sure if I like the standard design facade.

I am not sure how to put my link up here but I have a thread with all plans etc that you could look up...Becs Coral
We didn't upgrade and change too much . They are mainly on the thread though.
We have the Elliot portico and I do love the grandness that it gives the facade BUT beware if you go with this, the ceiling height for this particular facade is much lower than it shows I. The facade pictures on the website. We learnt this too late. Would we have not chosen this had we have known. I am not sure. Maybe we would have paid a little more to upgrade a bit more. At this point this has been the only issue that we have raised, and was upset that we weren't informed by our salesman, who it turns out didn't know that this was the case for this facade.
The pillars still need to be painted.

Here is the website pic.

Thanks for the heads up about the portico. It is very deceiving because in the website picture there is clearly space between the door/windows and the ceiling.

It still looks fantastic though.

I will have a read through your post.

Thanks
Welcome!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83796
Hey GCGirl,
I will be building a daydream 30, sometime in the new year. Waiting on land to register.
We have decided not have a facade, as we couldn't justify the $12k for it. We feel it still looks good, just not as grand.
We found that corals prices for changes, weren't too bad.
We deleted the bath in our ensuite, and made a double shower, by memory it was only $1200 i think.
Where abouts are you building?
xjanex
Hey GCGirl,
I will be building a daydream 30, sometime in the new year. Waiting on land to register.
We have decided not have a facade, as we couldn't justify the $12k for it. We feel it still looks good, just not as grand.
We found that corals prices for changes, weren't too bad.
We deleted the bath in our ensuite, and made a double shower, by memory it was only $1200 i think.
Where abouts are you building?

We are building at Riverstone Crossing at Maudsland.

We haven't found the modifications to be too bad price wise either. The problem is when you have so many it does add up quickly. Our first quote was almost $100,000 more than the price listed on their website!
Posting to follow!! I love day dreams

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Thought I might update.

Sadly we are still waiting for land to register (it's technically only a month/6 weeks behind schedule so I shouldn't complain).

We have signed the contracts, paid the $5000 owner paid deposit and chosen the tiles and colours (I will update pictures etc when I get a chance).

We did have a slight hiccup with one bank valuation on the land coming in almost $40,000 under but thankfully our broker found us an alternative bank and the loans for the house and land have been approved.

Right now I am trying to sort through the electrical plan. My husband can't make any of the appointments due to his work. It was easy enough with the tiles and colours since we could visit the showrooms and luckily we have similar tastes but it is proving a little trickier with the electrics especially since I can see we will likely go over budget.
Here are our variations with prices included:

We went with the Designer package but upgraded a lot of things.

Luxury Display home option 1 (floor tiles) $2499

Luxury Display home option 2 (carpet) $1499

Luxury Display home option 3 (Caesarstone benchtops and overhead cupboards) this one ended up being free because of a promotion they were having

Luxury Display home option 4 (900mm cooker and rangehood) $999

Luxury Display home option 5 (bathroom and ensuite upgrades - caesarstone benchtops, extra high wall tiling wall faced toilets, semi frameless shower screens) $1999 per bathroom/ensuite

High ceilings $2250

Wide entry door and extra choices with doors $499

Colorbond Roof and Steelframe $2999

Increase garage by 50cm $2004

Raised portico $4000

Sliding door to activity room $360

Extra render needed for garage extension $149

Sliding door to ensuite $178

Sliding door to media $590

Hinged door to study $278

Sliding door to games $617

Built in cupboard to games room $886

Reconfigure ensuite $706 (I will upload pictures later)

Provide shower recess $388

Additional shower mixer to ensuite (double shower) $549

Bathroom vanity to floor rather than floating -$215 it was cheaper to have full length than floating

Benchtop to laundry $149

Hot and cold tap provision and floor waste to alfresco $473

Cold water connection to fridge space $225

Natural gas connection to alfresco $265

Our main floor tile. This is the only photo I got (was aiming more for the code than the tile). Beaumont didn't give me a sample either.

It was in the gold range but because it is larger and rectified it cost an extra $4700 to lay.
I'm following you! We are building a 30 - same issue with valuation! Went with elegance package, steel frame roof, have modified pantry severely and ensuite option 2 with extended clear windows right down to top of bath. We have gone with the coolala portico

Our modified plans.

Our outside colour choices.

Roof, gutter, garage door and fascia - Basalt
Window frames - Precious Silver
Door - Merbau (to match our front decking)
Main render - Mt Aspiring
Feature render - Stepney
Kitchen colours

Benchtop - Ice snow
Cupboards - polar white natural finish
Handles - Hale SS
Tap - Saracom
Bathroom/Ensuite colours and tiles

Benchtop - Osprey
Cupboards - Baye
Floor tile - Vibe Stone
Wall tile - Brooklyn Whitewash
Feature wall tile - Brooklyn Grigio

The feature tiles will be above the bath in the main bathroom and will line the wall of our shower in the ensuite (all 2.5m of it).

If anyone has seen the Avoca display home at Ormeau this is the look we are going for with some slight modifications. I didn't want the white floor tiles with 2 kids!!
Gorgeous selections!! The Brooklyn Grigio is going to look awesome.

I don't blame you not wanting white tiles with two kids running around hehe
Related
3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

22/06/2023
7 Steps - For a successful building project

Renovation + Home Improvement

Following these simple steps will help you mitigate unwanted costs, have your expectations met and give…

11/07/2023
Building inspection after 90 Day Defect period

Building A New House

you need to understand the breakdown of warranties. 90 warranty is considered as minor defects rectification period where as the longer ones are more major/structural…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum