Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis : Bermuda 23

Page 1 of 3
Hello,

My wife and i are about to sign a contract to build the bermuda 23 and we are thinking of going with the standard maya facade to make room in our budget for other upgrades and will be going with hebal instead of brick, just wondering if anyone has gone with the maya facade and could possibly post a photo of it, i haven't been able to find any real life photos anywhere, i'm just a little concerned that our facade may look a little basic even with all the render on it.

Hello there, my wife and I are also keen on building the Bermuda 23 or London 24. Just wondering as to how you have progressed since October? Thanks!

We like the Riva facade, any luck in viewing the maya facade?
Hi, My wife and I are currently building a Bermuda 23, we have gone with the Riva facade while neighbours across the road have gone with the standard Maya facade. If you PM me your emails I can send through some photos.
Hi Rickardo, I sent you a PM. I am not sure if it went through as the message is stuck in outbox.. Did you receive it?

We are also interested in Bermuda 23. We will be checking out the displays this weekend for Bermuda and London.
Sgene85
Hi Rickardo, I sent you a PM. I am not sure if it went through as the message is stuck in outbox.. Did you receive it?

We are also interested in Bermuda 23. We will be checking out the displays this weekend for Bermuda and London.

Yes I have sent you an email
Rickardo05
Hi, My wife and I are currently building a Bermuda 23, we have gone with the Riva facade while neighbours across the road have gone with the standard Maya facade. If you PM me your emails I can send through some photos.

Would love to see some photos. We've been eyeing off the Bermuda 23 for what feels like forever now. We are doing the Rumpus, kitchen and games room upgrade. Has anyone else done this upgrade?

We're on a tight budget so I think we will have to go with the standard Maya facade, although our heart lights directly on the Chifley, we can't afford it.
Hi guys, glad to have finally got some replies, didn't think i was ever going too haha.

So we did end up going with the bermuda 23 with the maya facade, our sc was able to give us addresses of some houses with that facade in our home town of geelong,

So we went and had a look at them, the first 2 we weren't that happy with as they looked fairly plain but then the last one we looked at we really quite liked ( well mostly my wife did anyway haha) i also would of preffered the riva or also the griffith but unfortunately we couldn't fit any of them in our buget as we knew there was going to be a few upgrades but we were unsure of what the cost was going to be for them all, but anyway this particular facade is fully rendered in a grey colour and has an eave on it which really changed the look of it which we thought looked pretty good.

So this has been our build process so far !!

We put a deposit on titled land in late september and it settled mid november, it's fairly small only 476sq 14Γ—34 and it's in centralwalk estate drysdale in vic.

We put a deposit down for the bermuda 23 late november, we then visited world of style the next 3 weekends after that as we really wanted to be prepared and we're very glad we did and within that 3 weeks we got moved on to our bc ( i can't remember exactly what week it was ) We then had our world of style appointment mid December and we now have our tender appointment in 2 weeks ( jan 23rd) and site start is scheduled to start in feb (fingers crossed it actually does) i'm really looking forward to see it all come together ?

I'll let you guys know what upgrades and colours we did in the next few days and in the meantime i happy to answer any questions that you may have. Cheers chat soon πŸ‘

Sgene85
Hello there, my wife and I are also keen on building the Bermuda 23 or London 24. Just wondering as to how you have progressed since October? Thanks!

We like the Riva facade, any luck in viewing the maya facade?

Hi there sgene85

It's funny that you say that you also like these designs as my wife and i also really like them too, we actaully preferred the london, we went through the armstrong creek geelong display and really liked it and wanted to go with that but unfortunately after adding all the things we wanted to it, eg. alfreso,flooring upright kitchen cupboards and quite a bit more, it was going to be too much out of our budget so the next designs we looked at which were more in our budget were the kew 23 and bermuda 23, we ended up choosing the bermuda because all the bedrooms are bigger and felt the design would work better for us.

Anyway good luck with choosing your'e design and i look forward to hearing which one you went withπŸ‘.

Do you have land already ?

Hi Patto22, Thanks awesome! So excited for you guys. Did you go with the standard floor plan or did you make changes/upgrades? At the moment we are really keen on London but keeping our options open with Bermuda, if we go with Bermuda we're interested on the kitchen rumpus games and alfresco option but depending on the price.

We will be checking out both displays this weekend.

We have a block in Cloverton 16x32, we were going to build Vancouver 33 but it was too big so we're starting again but this time looking at a smaller home.
Do any of you guys wanna start a facebook group or page so we can all easily post photos and get notifications easier?
[quote
Would love to see some photos. We've been eyeing off the Bermuda 23 for what feels like forever now. We are doing the Rumpus, kitchen and games room upgrade. Has anyone else done this upgrade?

We're on a tight budget so I think we will have to go with the standard Maya facade, although our heart lights directly on the Chifley, we can't afford it.[/quote]

Hi Luderwick, we are also interested in doing the same floor plan upgrade. Do you know the pricing by any chance?
Good morning, yeah we're really excited it's getting so close to site start ? although we are a little nervous about our bc as she is only fairly new to that position and is still in training also she hasn't been very efficient with returning emails and phone calls eg. I spoke to her over the phone early last week about an eave that we want on our facade which our sc was meant to put on our plans but forgot to ( unfortunately we just noticed it ) our bc was meant to let us know that it was fixed on monday and i still haven't heard from her, so i i'll have to call her instead i think.

So anyway we have pretty much kept the floor plan standard, we upgraded to hebel added an alfreso and we wanted extra bench space in the kitchen so we extended the main bench where the fridge would of been added extra cabinets underneath and put extra uprights in, the fridge actually fits in the wip so that's where it will go, the upgrade i think is going to cost us around $1300 as we also have 20mm stone benches through out the house, so that's not too bad, and we also upraded to silk cabinetry which i think is going to cost us around $550. We do have some other upgrades like a few of the packages that were avaliable which i'll tell you about later as i better get back to work. I'm happy to make a facebook group too πŸ‘ i'll chat to you later ?

Sgene85
[quote

We're on a tight budget so I think we will have to go with the standard Maya facade, although our heart lights directly on the Chifley, we can't afford it.

Hi Luderwick, we are also interested in doing the same floor plan upgrade. Do you know the pricing by any chance?[/quote]

Hey!

We got a quote for the Rumpus, Games and Kitchen upgrade (which included the WIL) and it's just under 10k. We would LOVE to add on the grand alfresco but I think thats an extra 5k. It was a toss up between the Bi-fold doors (which I need in my life) or the alfresco, we can add the alfresco on later, the doors on the other hand would be more difficult because the frame will end up being a load baring frame. the back of our house looks out onto massive pine trees so I knew I needed to make the most of the back of the house.

We love the layout of bermuda and we're currently in talks with the bank to see if they can make it all a possibility for us!
And a facebook group would be great!!
Here is an image of our facade as of about a week ago, its a Riva and this is before render.

Hi Luderwik,

I like where you're going with those options, i would've liked to do the same but unfortunately our budget wouldn't allow it and also it would've affected the amount of backyard we'd have which i really didn't want to affect as we only have 10 meters from the back of the house to the fence and it's 14 meters wide , so not a lot of space already, I like the sound of the view that you'll have in your backyard, i also would want to make the most of it. The bermuda 23 design is great hey, too me it feels really open and i especially like the size of the master bedroom, it feels huge. Good luck with the bank i hope it goes well for you πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

Hi ricardo05

That's looking great, i'd like to see it once it's renderedπŸ˜‰, it's the riva facade yeah ? You must be getting excited now that your build is nearly done ?

Do they had dark brick choices for the maya as standard choices? What we are aiming for is the darkest bricks we can get without spending extra with a few contrasting elements. We're aimint o get the exterier pack which gives us i think one rendered part of the facade, so we will try to emulate the Chifley Facade, but on the cheap. If that makes sense
Sorry i can't help you there as we are going with hebel so i didn't bother lookng at the bricks, but i see where you're going with it, we also would've gone with the darkest brick we could get in cat 1 if that's what we were doing.πŸ‘

There wasn't really any dark bricks in category 1, maybe a dark brown was all there was.
Sgene85
Hi Patto22, Thanks awesome! So excited for you guys. Did you go with the standard floor plan or did you make changes/upgrades? At the moment we are really keen on London but keeping our options open with Bermuda, if we go with Bermuda we're interested on the kitchen rumpus games and alfresco option but depending on the price.

We have a block in Cloverton 16x32, we were going to build Vancouver 33 but it was too big so we're starting again but this time looking at a smaller home.
Do any of you guys wanna start a facebook group or page so we can all easily post photos and get notifications easier?

Hi again Segene85 !!

Patto22
Good morning, yeah we're really excited it's getting so close to site start ? although we are a little nervous about our bc as she is only fairly new to that position and is still in training also she hasn't been very efficient with returning emails and phone calls eg. I spoke to her over the phone early last week about an eave that we want on our facade which our sc was meant to put on our plans but forgot to ( unfortunately we just noticed it ) our bc was meant to let us know that it was fixed on monday and i still haven't heard from her, so i i'll have to call her instead i think.

So anyway we have pretty much kept the floor plan standard, we upgraded to hebel added an alfreso and we wanted extra bench space in the kitchen so we extended the main bench where the fridge would of been added extra cabinets underneath and put extra uprights in, the fridge actually fits in the wip so that's where it will go, the upgrade i think is going to cost us around $1300 as we also have 20mm stone benches through out the house, so that's not too bad, and we also upraded to silk cabinetry which i think is going to cost us around $550. We do have some other upgrades like a few of the packages that were avaliable which i'll tell you about later as i better get back to work. I'm happy to make a facebook group too πŸ‘ i'll chat to you later ?

Sorry to hear you couldn't go with the Vancouver 33 that's a great design, the bermuda and london designs are also great, so i'm sure you and you're wife will be happy with which ever one you choose, both those houses will fit nicely on you're block.

Here's a pic of what our's will look like.

Here's our floor plan with some of the changes, there's still more to add onto it which are the extra kitchen bench space, in our ensuite we added a double vanity, larger shower 1200 Γ— 900 and we've changed the window, it will be a hi-light horizontal window above our extended mirror, we will also have 2590mm ceilings throughout, we're also adding an eave on the front.

Here's the promotions we added :

We got this minus the feature render, the cost of what it would've been was taken off the total price.

Here's our colours we chose :

Exterior -

Roof, gutters, facia and garage door : BASALT

Render and downpipes : DUNE

Windows and sliding doors :
SURFMIST

Front door : BLUE OCEAN

Interior -

Hallway, kitchen, dining and family -

Laminate flooring : RUSTIC ANTHRASITE

Bedrooms and lounge -

Carpet : FLINT ( sorry i don't have a pic of it) it's just cat 1 and it's a dark gey.

Master ensuite -

Tiles : SIMPLICITY DARK GREY
400 Γ— 400
WHITE MATT 100 Γ— 300
MOON WHITE GROUT

The grey tiles will be on the floor and 2 of the walls, which will go right up to the ceiling, and the white matt are subway tiles in brick layout which is on the wall where the vanity and mirror is and will also go up tobthe ceiling . It's going to cost us just under $900 to have the extra tiling.

Vanity : BLANCO MATRIX
LIQUORICE LINEA LAMINEX

The main bathroom and laundry will have the same tiles but just standard height tiling.

Kitchen -

Upright cuboards : LIQUORICE LINEA
Splashback : WHITE GLOSS 100Γ—300
MOON WHITE GROUT
Benchtops : BLANCO MATRIX
Bottom cupboards : POLAR WHITE
SILK
Kicker : ZINKWORKS

Floor : RUSTIC ANTHRASITE

That other colour in the pic that's by itself is called kitty grey, the whole house will painted in that, the skirting and ceiling will be just be the builders standard whites.

So i think that's about it for now,sorry if that bored you haha just thought i'd share it just in case you guys needed some ideas.

Patto22

Sgene85

Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum