Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Montgomery Homes, Magnolia Estate Hamlyn Terrace

Page 1 of 1
Hey!

I am new to this forum and so excited to start my own thread.

My partner and I are in the process of building our first home with Montgomery Homes in Magnolia Estate Hamlyn Terrace, NSW! We put our deposit down on the 12th September and our land will be registered next month.

Our first floor plan choice was Avalon and then we decided on Broadbeach. We incorporated the things we loved about Avalon into our Broadbeach plan. Things we included were Bedroom one, WIR's and Ensuite layout and also the butlers pantry. We LOVE our new plan! We loved how open the kitchen, dining and lounge room was, it looks over our alfresco/backyard which gets all the afternoon sun which will be nice. We also added 60cm into bedroom one to add the extra room to fit the layout we wanted and also 60cm in the kitchen/living.

We are so happy with it all!
Following

Looking forward to see your modified floor plan...

Wish you the best with the building journey
Hi,
just thought i would follow your thread as I've just signed on with Montgomery homes too. How are you finding the process so far?

Looking forward to following your build
Hi Jess,

I have been so busy organising the house I haven't updated anything on here. Where are you building at? Process so far has been easy in some areas and hard in others.
Rochelle-1212
Hi Jess,

I have been so busy organising the house I haven't updated anything on here. Where are you building at? Process so far has been easy in some areas and hard in others.

Hi Rochelle,
I totally understand! We are building in the hunter valley. I'd love to hear about your building experience if you don't mind sharing

Since my last update we have made a few more changes to our house plan we have added not 60cm but now 75cm to one side of the house including bedroom 1, ensuite, kitchen and dining. I have also added 20cm to the front of our house in the WIR/Bedroom one and the patio. There has been a lot of small changes to our plan too. It's definitely one of a kind!

This photo was taken on the 22nd October. How good is the sunset!
The gate was open to our Estate when I went to have a look with mum after being in Newcastle at the display all day trying to sort things out. It was a great end to the day that I will always remember. It all became so real standing on our land for the first time. So exciting!!! The next day I was so excited my partner and I went to take a look together (Our first photo). We have been quite a few times since just to visit because we are very excited first home buyers haha.
Rochelle-1212

Happy New Year!
RegVic
Rochelle-1212

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you too! It's going to be a great one.
Hello Rochelle-1212 - looking forward to your build progress; not a lot of people documenting their build with Montgomery Homes online. We're first home owners building with MH in Lisarow near Gosford. Cheers!
Hi,

Oh great to have someone else building with them too! Not too far away from my build either. I did look at the land at Lisarow as well as we are from Umina. In the end Hamlyn Terrace blocks suited us better as it's a flat block that we purchased. What stage are you up to with the building process? How have you found Montgomery Homes so far?
Hi Rochelle

looking forward to following your build. I googled PGH Stone and your thread came up
Did you end up choosing them? We are building Newie, not with MH though.
Hi,

No we actually went with Austral instead, sorry I can't help. Good luck with your build
Rochelle-1212
Hi,

Oh great to have someone else building with them too! Not too far away from my build either. I did look at the land at Lisarow as well as we are from Umina. In the end Hamlyn Terrace blocks suited us better as it's a flat block that we purchased. What stage are you up to with the building process? How have you found Montgomery Homes so far?

We ended up with the Lisarow land so the schools and public transport is within walking distance. So far MH have been reasonable, but haven't started the build yet since the land is taking so long to title.
Following! I like the sound of the changes you have made to the design.
Following!!!! We are building on the Central Coast too and trying to decide between Montgomery Bondi 261 or Rawson Serene!!! Rawson have much better inclusions for the price but I love the Bondi floor plan.....Can I ask did you go for upgrades as simple as Ceaserstone Benches, Floor to ceiling tiles...etc? Look forward to following .
Katehutch
Following!!!! We are building on the Central Coast too and trying to decide between Montgomery Bondi 261 or Rawson Serene!!! Rawson have much better inclusions for the price but I love the Bondi floor plan.....Can I ask did you go for upgrades as simple as Ceaserstone Benches, Floor to ceiling tiles...etc? Look forward to following .

Hi Kate,

Message me and I'll give you info about my build and opinion building with Montgomery.

Related
23/05/2024
Montgomery Carolina in 2024

Building A New House

I love the Carolina but Montgomery wouldnt build on our site. We have a completed Carolina a couple of streets away and drive by a mid build Carolina a couple of times…

26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum