Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Moon Dust Bricks

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Please post photos of your Moon Dust bricks used on your house or any pictures you have of them. It doesn't look grey in some lights so I am undecided.

Thanks!
We have moon dust bricks with offwhite mortar and I would say they dont look grey at all.. well not the way they do on the website.

Heres a couple of pics theres plenty more on my thread

Close up

Thanks so much Ryalls_first_build. That's very helpful! Beautiful home
Are moon dust bricks an upgrade with most builders?

Rochelle-1212
Thanks so much Ryalls_first_build. That's very helpful! Beautiful home

No worries Rochelle! Im looking forward to seeing it without the scaffolding.

Best of luck

maddisonjean

They are standard with Coral.. Im guessing they would be with most builders.
Call PGH bricks and tell them your builder and they will let you know.. The person I spoke to was really helpful

Ryalls_first_build
maddisonjean

They are standard with Coral.. Im guessing they would be with most builders.
Call PGH bricks and tell them your builder and they will let you know.. The person I spoke to was really helpful

Thanks! I called and PGH rep could only tell me if my builder supplied them, which Long Island Homes do. Will have to harass the builder again
They are a small upgrade with Montgomery Homes Maddison if that helps you. But since choosing them they are saying I can't have any slurry (painted bricks). All the grey's I was after were slurry so I don't know what to do now.
I am in Victoria and PGH told me they were available only in QLD.
We have them in NSW.. Ours were laid about 2 months ago

Ryalls_first_build Thank you for that info! They look so nice.

We have been told we can't choose any slurry (painted) bricks and I wanted moon dust, sorbetto or truffle. I'm trying to work something out now before my colour studio appointment next week. You sign for a house then work out that you can't have what you want
[quote="Rochelle-1212"]Ryalls_first_build Thank you for that info! They look so nice.

We have been told we can't choose any slurry (painted) bricks and I wanted moon dust, sorbetto or truffle. I'm trying to work something out now before my colour studio appointment next week. You sign for a house then work out that you can't have what you want
/quote]
Oh aint that that truth! As annoying as it would be i kinda we picked bricks without painted faces (i didnt know such a thing existed lol) i worry about them getting damaged as the paint is literally just on the outside.

Anyways best of luck! Whatever you do get the off white mortar if you can

So the moon dust are normal bricks not painted bricks? Thanks heaps for the tip. How much extra did the white mortar cost you?

Related
31/12/2023
crusher dust to level lawn

Landscape & Garden Design

the leaves that are now underground go yellow, the tips that poke through photosynthesise and have chlorophyll, same reason they grow rhubarb in the dark.

27/12/2023
‘Basement’ waterproofing bare bricks

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

to do it properly you need to dig out the garden and waterproof the outside of the wall. There are some products you can put on the face of the bricks but the water is…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum